new player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gar, Jun 9, 2001.

1. Gar

Gar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Wharedale 750. Im running it thru my HI-Fi which has Dolby Pro-Logic, but also has a 6 channel input.

Im looking to get a DVD player, multiregion, with built in DD/DTS processer. ANy ideas? Im not wishing to spend £££££s.

Cheers

2. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two to think about.The Wharfedale M5 has DD and DTS decoding onboard for £180,or I have just noticed Richer Sounds are doing the NAD T550 for £250.Multiregion and DD decoding included but you have to tell them you've seen it advertised in the mags.

3. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not sure of the model numbers but some of the LG players have had good reviews, it may be the LG3350e not familiar with them myself,and I think there hackable.

Philmate.

4. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Gar, go for the new Toshiba SD210E, I've just replaced my trusty Wharfedale DVD750 for one which included auto region fix for just over £200. Trust me the Wharfedale doesent come close in terms of picture quality, in fact many players double that price are going to struggle. See the recent posts for the Toshiba on this forum or buy this months What Video & TV magazine where they review it.
    Good luck, MikeD