New Player to go with Pio 504HDE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by LeeT, May 17, 2004.

1. LeeT

LeeT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi newbie and first post here so please be gentle!!
    Have just ordered a Pio 504HDE to replace a 3 year old Fujitsu 42" panel which I drove with a Pio 737A which considering its age provided excellent PQ with NTSC progressive. Having owned both units since they were the new kids on the block was just wondering which dvd player I should opt for. Am willing to splash out on the 868i but was wondering what the difference is over the 668i over HDMI. I have a mix of R1 and R2 discs so multiregion is a must. All comments are appreciated...Lee :)

2. BKATZ

BKATZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    LeeT,

You don't say which your intented amp is to be.

I went 504/868/VSXA5 so I could benefit from the i-link. Also thought the increased display options of the 868 were worth it for the 504.

Regards,

B.

(more than happy with the result :D )

3. LeeT

LeeT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers matey, sorry to say am using a Bose Lifestyle 30 at the moment rather having stunning images presently and compromise on sound. Am thinking of the 868i from Techtronics as it seems to be one of the most competitve prices.

4. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    The Arcam DV79 seems to be a good alternative to the Pio 868. Other threads suggest that the PQ through HDMI is as good, possibly better and the sound quality tops that of the 868. ;)