1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New player for £1000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by karkus30, Jul 24, 2004.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    If I was to upgrade from my current Philips 962SA, what would be the weapon of choice. I notice I can get the Pioneer 868 for around £800 same with the Denon 2900. But there are a few more culprits out there such as Arcam (I tend to consider these as overpriced).

Main areas of concern are PQ ans SQ on straight DVD replay, coupled with prog scan component for multi region. Secondary would be SACD performance, I dont really care about DVD-A.

2. sjb

sjb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Karkus30

have sent you pm

sjb

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,145
    I'm interested in the upcoming Marantz DV9500 which will be about a grand. The big marantz's are generally related to Pioneers and thus you get the HDMI out but at the same time generally marantz beef up the sonic performance (isn't much need to step up the picture) and you normally get gorgeous exterior build to boot. I'm looking at it with high hopes.