New Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Cart, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Cart

Cart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The wife and I are about to buy a new plasma. We were considering a Pioneer PDP434HDE.
    I have read on the forum that a new model is to be released possibly in September.
    Would it be best to wait as the release of the new model should lower the price of the old model, or should I be concidering a different display?

Cheers,

ANdy

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    ANdy

Pioneer UK have so far always been one step behind on stock levels of the PDP-434HDE - I don't think I've ever called up the sales line at Pioneer UK and been told 04HDE's were in stock.

I'm told that rather than a glut of PDP-434HDE being readied for a big sell off ahead of the revised models arriving in late September we may actually have a few weeks of no PDP-434HDE and NO replacement model.

If your patient and want the few refinements the new models will deliver then Yes hang out for one - better still put in an order now! but otherwise the PDP-434HDE is still a mighty fine PlasmaTV.

Best regards

Joe

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Historically that is just how it's been with Pioneer, so I too would expect this scenario in spite of no info from Pioneer at my end, apparently I'm going to get a new rep soon! Just a few little tweaks will make the 434 from good to great IMHO, well worth hanging on for, as you'll probably wait a few weeks anyway.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    MAW

I believe the new reps have a new chip set installed that are HDCP enabled - makes for clearer communication with dealers I hear!

Best regards

Joe

PS Just in case he's reading this Richard Lee is the best!!!

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Don't think my rep knows how to use the internet:eek: . I wonder why I don't sell very much Pioneer? I look fwd to a new era. Or will he be a chip off the same block?

6. Cart

Cart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Guys,

Looks like we will wait and make it a Christmas present.

ANdy

7. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    ANdY

Just don't wait until 01.12.04 to order - I'd suggest you order as soon as the new model line up is announced; it was a bit of a mad scramble last year to fulfil Pre Christmas orders with way too little stock available.

Best regards

Joe

8. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
  9. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    Hello all

The boys at Pioneer UK had better get a move on so we know exactly what we have coming to the UK.

As I understand it the new 60" PlasmaTV is like an MXE1 with the Black Bezel and menu system of the HDE but no Media Receiver.

I'll go nip a few heads and see what info we can get out of Pioneer UK.

Best regards

Joe

10. Cart

Cart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anybody know if the new Pioneer screen will be a similar price to the old one?

My original reasons for waiting was: Having finally mustered up the courage to enter Plasma Heaven. I did not want to buy an "old" model unless it was reasonably discounted, and new models always seem to be ovepriced for the first few months.

In light of what has been said above, I'd better make a decision quick.

Cheers,

ANdy

11. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cart, sorry for hi-jacking your thread. :)

Me and my buddy are planning to order Pioneer 434HDG, yes they are selling HD"G" model in where I'm living. Now I'm stuck in the same position as Cart,but I've searched on Pioneer's web-site and found the new model is not supposed that different from the current one (I might be wrong though ), the new functions they mentioned are in fact are the "enhancement" of current design except Japanese models ( They will have BS and some new digital broadcast media-box), of course everything has been "improved" or "upgrade" to certain extent.

I remember Joe did mention in another thread that new model do bear a risk of cost cutting issue which may be a problem...

I must make up my mind quick as my buddy is pushing me hard to get one by next week, because he wants to knock some more price down if we are going to order two sets at one time. :D

12. VT 4 CCTV

VT 4 CCTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    As a native German, i thought i would help in translating the web link that Wasabi left here, showing the new generation PIO's.
    Please excuse some of the ''TV Lingo'' as i am still learning myself.

http://www.areadvd.de/news/2004/200406/23062004_03_Pioneer_Plasma_5th_Generation.shtml

translated to english : Pioneer showed the 5th generation plasmas for the Euorpean market. As expected from Pioneer, the plasmas will be in the 43" (PDP-435, 1024x768) and the 50" (PDP-50, 1280x768) format production.
    Firstly, Pioneer will immediately offer both types with model versions , i.e.
    (FDE, HDE and XDE) as well as reacting to the spreading DVB-T market.
    Choices also mean Pioneer will offer a new TV receiver for analag TV (HDE Series) or a DVB-T tuner in the XDE series.
    All the Pioneers will be fitted out with HDMI, so one can connect , for example, the Pioneer DVD player DV-868AVi.
    Altneratively, there will be the 43" plasma PDP-435 in the model version PDP-435FDE, with seperate Media receiver PDP-RO5FE, without tuner.
    The design of the media receiver of the new plasma generation was worked over by Pioneer, and now looks a lot more modern with the glass frontage.

The new generation plasmas should be supplied in tandem from October in the German market. Prices are yet to be confirmed.

At present only a prototype, Pioneer showed the first 61". The model number PDP-615EX exists from the Development which Pioneer plasma dept over from NEC. This plasma is likely to have a series of model versions from December 04

NEW TECHNICAL FEATURES.
    Direct colour filter: With the new plasma tv's, a colour filter will be glued to the plasmas top player. (I hope this techno babble is recognisable to you guys, cause it isnt to me)
    With this in mind the the plasma becomes even more flatter and no air is between the Plasma and the Filter, so scattered light is reduced and the contrast should be increased by roundabout 20%.
    In comparison to the 4th generation pio plasmas, the blacklevel is also bettered.Lightlevel of the plasmas lays at 1000 cd/m2 for the 50" and 1100cd/m2 for the 43". The distance from the frame to plasma panel was reduced. Through the use of plastic for filter material, the plasma's weight was also reduced by 5kg for the 50" and 4kg for the 43".

Thats as far as i got. The rest is more technical jargon, which no doubt i could translate, however my ''TV knowledge'' is not that brilliant in order to translate it at its best.

Last but not least, please let me re iterate, that the above translation is from the web link, and i translated it to the best knowledge of my mother language,which is german. By no means , take my translation to right, word for word. This is merely translated to help with news info from todays link.

I hope people appreciate this......

13. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    VT 4 CCTV,

That is cool, cheers.

Now I'll ask you to translate future important news from areadvd or other sites ;D

Wasabi

14. Cart

Cart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks VT 4 CCTV,

It looks like the new model is not radicaly different from the old.

ANdy

15. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd guess there would be the same problem as with the prices on the pdp434 being fairly static when stock is available, as demand and supply sat pretty close.
    The new model will probably retail at £4000 and will sit at that from places that can actually supply one untill demand dies down. Looking at the 434 this year. demand will die down when the model changes again!!

16. Cart

Cart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all of the advice guys. I ordered a Pioneer fro John Lewis today. 3 weeks delivery, but they did price match.

ANdy