New Plasma Setup help

T2Dex

Standard Member
Hi All

I have just ordered the Techwood TWP4205PL Plasma Screen from Currys (Hope it comes on time).
What are you views on the telly I understand its a cheep on but is it worth the money ?

Also i want to put it on my wall, How is this done, All of my other separates eg sound, dvd, vidoe, sky plus, they must go to the tuner box I presume ?? Do they all have to go scart as I am using s video for some ot the mo. How many cables do I have running up the wall to the screen. Not really looking forward to channeling a five foot gap in my wall just for cables.

OH and if i cable has to come from the tuner box to the plasma (Scart) not sure will i be able to get a really long one ?

Hope you can help

Cheers Dex

SNICK

Hi Dex

Assume you probably auditioned the unit, making comparisons versus more expensive models? At 1999, it's a great price (inc tuner box/ speakers etc). Normally all your other boxes will connect via the tuner box (which feeds the monitor) normally the cable is of reasonable length.

Believe Currys do a wall fixing option for 299. It might be worth shopping around. You can wall mount it yourself - checkout some of the earlier threads.

Let us know what you think when it arrives.

ps : did you get an extended warranty???

T2Dex

Standard Member
Hi Snick

Cheers for the reply, I did see the screen in Currys but they could not get the DVD player to work with it so I only seen it displaying bbc itv that sort of thing and that was not very impressive. The salespeople in those places dont have a clue. I was going to buy the Pioneer HD Plasma but decided to wait 3 years before I buy an expensive model as HDTV aint out here yet.

I think for the money the Techwood, which is really a Samsung aint bad. I did not get the extended warranty as I think they are a waste of time but the sales guy almost gave me his wife trying to sell me it....

Will let you know what its like when I get it.

Dex

johnelf

Standard Member
Cheers for the reply, I did see the screen in Currys but they could not get the DVD player to work with it so I only seen it displaying bbc itv that sort of thing and that was not very impressive.

Im sorry, am I missing something here:confused: Why then did you spend thousands on it ??

John

squid

Standard Member
Hanging it on the wall is suposed to be quite easy .It comes with a bracket .It's just a matter of fixing that to the wall and slotting the plasma on .

You just have a sinle cable from plasma to tuner and a power cable , unless you want to use the speakers as they connect to tuner and not screen . If you need a longer cable from the tuner to plasma I aint got a clue were you would get one as it is a none standard cable

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom