1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Plasma Setup help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by T2Dex, Feb 7, 2004.

1. T2Dex

T2Dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have just ordered the Techwood TWP4205PL Plasma Screen from Currys (Hope it comes on time).
    What are you views on the telly I understand its a cheep on but is it worth the money ?

Also i want to put it on my wall, How is this done, All of my other separates eg sound, dvd, vidoe, sky plus, they must go to the tuner box I presume ?? Do they all have to go scart as I am using s video for some ot the mo. How many cables do I have running up the wall to the screen. Not really looking forward to channeling a five foot gap in my wall just for cables.

OH and if i cable has to come from the tuner box to the plasma (Scart) not sure will i be able to get a really long one ?

Hope you can help

Cheers Dex

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi Dex

Assume you probably auditioned the unit, making comparisons versus more expensive models? At 1999, it's a great price (inc tuner box/ speakers etc). Normally all your other boxes will connect via the tuner box (which feeds the monitor) normally the cable is of reasonable length.

Believe Currys do a wall fixing option for 299. It might be worth shopping around. You can wall mount it yourself - checkout some of the earlier threads.

Let us know what you think when it arrives.

ps : did you get an extended warranty???

3. T2Dex

T2Dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Snick

Cheers for the reply, I did see the screen in Currys but they could not get the DVD player to work with it so I only seen it displaying bbc itv that sort of thing and that was not very impressive. The salespeople in those places dont have a clue. I was going to buy the Pioneer HD Plasma but decided to wait 3 years before I buy an expensive model as HDTV aint out here yet.

I think for the money the Techwood, which is really a Samsung aint bad. I did not get the extended warranty as I think they are a waste of time but the sales guy almost gave me his wife trying to sell me it....

Will let you know what its like when I get it.

Dex

4. johnelf

johnelf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Cheers for the reply, I did see the screen in Currys but they could not get the DVD player to work with it so I only seen it displaying bbc itv that sort of thing and that was not very impressive.

Im sorry, am I missing something here:confused: Why then did you spend thousands on it ??

John

5. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hanging it on the wall is suposed to be quite easy .It comes with a bracket .It's just a matter of fixing that to the wall and slotting the plasma on .

You just have a sinle cable from plasma to tuner and a power cable , unless you want to use the speakers as they connect to tuner and not screen . If you need a longer cable from the tuner to plasma I aint got a clue were you would get one as it is a none standard cable