New plasma problem/minor niggle

Mr. Fred

Novice Member
I installed my new Panasonic TH-42PX85B on Saturday thanks to reading the advice of AV Forums members and I'm amazed with it so far apart from one minor problem which is a small piece of debris/fluff stuck to the inside of the glass panel.

At first I thought it was a dead pixel but on closer inspection it's definitely something physically stuck to the glass. It's not visible from regular seated distance but from a distance of around 6 feet I can spot it everytime which is annoying.

I would appreciate anyone with a bit more knowledge than me helping me out with suggestions on how to dislodge it safely. Don't wanna ruin my new panel over such a minor thing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
If it is stuck on the inside of the glass you really only have 2 options.

1)Put up with it (not recommended)

2)Take it back and have it replaced

I would have no hesitation in getting it replaced.£1000+ is a lot of money to spend on something which is not right.

Mr. Fred

Novice Member
If it is stuck on the inside of the glass you really only have 2 options.

1)Put up with it (not recommended)

2)Take it back and have it replaced

I would have no hesitation in getting it replaced.£1000+ is a lot of money to spend on something which is not right.
I was thinking that if I took it back they'd come back with the same retort as if I took it back with one dead pixel.

Might be worth a go though. It took ages to mount the thing so I was ideally looking for something I could try at home or hoping that maybe the heat from the display would erode it over time.

homer_jay

Novice Member
I was thinking that if I took it back they'd come back with the same retort as if I took it back with one dead pixel.

Might be worth a go though. It took ages to mount the thing so I was ideally looking for something I could try at home or hoping that maybe the heat from the display would erode it over time.

I'd have thought that a dead pixel they class as "within tollerance (sp?)", but a foreign body inside the panel must be a manufacturing fault, so I'd argue with them that it's completely different to a dead pixel if they tried that one.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
I'd have thought that a dead pixel they class as "within tollerance (sp?)", but a foreign body inside the panel must be a manufacturing fault, so I'd argue with them that it's completely different to a dead pixel if they tried that one.

Exactly, something stuck behind the glass is a totally different problem to a dead pixel and one that they should sort out.

Mr. Fred

Novice Member
Thanks guys, I got it from Empire Direct so here's hoping they'll be understanding.

P

patrolman602

Thanks guys, I got it from Empire Direct so here's hoping they'll be understanding.
Hello, I read where you had a piece of debris behind your plasma glass. Just wondering what you ever did about it? I have the same problem with mine. It is a Samsung pn63b550. It has a very small, pixel sized speck behind the glass in the corner. It's not noticeable out past 5 or 6 feet and even then you have to be squinting and at the right angle. I first saw it with the tv off and I was shining a flashlight at the screen. I have no pixels out and everything else seems great. What did you end up doing about it? Since I can't see it at normal viewing distance I have about decided to just forget about it and be glad it doesn't have any pixel problems. Thanks.