• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Plasma Owner - Any Essential Information to Know

Ph0en1x

Established Member
Hi,

Firstly I apologise if this has been covered before but a search didn't find anything, if it was just my poor searching ability please re-direct me and close this.

Okay, so I've just ordered a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV (TH42PX70PED). Now this is the first LCD/Plasma TV I've ever bought and admit that I know nothing about how best to deal with one of these screens.

I've read several of your topics regarding running-in the screen, what I gather is just running the screen at lower colour settings for the first 200hours or so and avoiding any logo's for long periods of time to help the set get adjusted.

So I was just wondering if there was any other hints/tips essential information anyone who owns a plasma should be aware of, for example in a review I read i'm sure it said that you shouldn't lay it tv on its front (the screen) - is that correct?

I've also thinking about buying this to clean it - does anyone recommend this or any other product?

Anyway, any help/guidance you can offer which can avoid me damaging my new beauty would be much appreciated :)

Regards,

~ Phoenix

pjskel

Prominent Member
1. Not colour, but contrast and brightness reduced, and Dynamic mode not used.

2. You'll get a microfibre cloth with the screen, one expects, so wipe that across the screen when you feel the need to. The IXOS gel (re-branded Allsop) won't do any harm, so go for it if you want, but it's not really needed.

3. Laying screen flat on the floor to affix the wall bracket arms is fine - it's transportation, due to the shocks and constant vibration that can potentially knacker a panel.

4. Keep reading and learning.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom