1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Plasma - Help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by CarlitoBrigante, Dec 7, 2004.

1. CarlitoBrigante

CarlitoBrigante

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

I am looking to buy my first Plasma, and am finding it really difficult to decide which to get out of the Panny TH37PW7 and the 37" Viera. I can see the PW6/7 range is held in high regard on these forums, and the Viera seems to be less popular, but the Viera just seems like such an easier option, and the reviews I have read for it have been very favourable.

I basically have a budget of £2200 (including interconnects) and the equipment I have at the moment to connect with it includes:

Pioneer DVD player DV-565A (may replace this with 575 model)
    Pioneer AV amp VSX-C501
    Canton CD-1 Speaker package
    Sky Digital box (with no digital outputs)
    PS2

I really wanted to get the PW7, but the whole hassle and cost of getting terminal boards fitted, getting a table top stand and a cabinet stand (I would presume I would need both), etc is worrying me. Are getting the connections sorted out relatively simple for a newbie? Or would I be better off with the Viera, where all the connections are already there?

Something I thought may be relevant is that my Pioneer Amp has 3 output scart sockets at the back, so could this act as a switcher if only one lead was connected to the PW7?

The other thing that has confused me a bit is the price difference, if there is one. I have heard people on here remark that the Vieras are not worth the extra money compared to the PW7s. However I can find a 37" Viera with a cabinet stand for £1999. Wouldn't the TH37PW7 cost about the same after buying stands, teminal boards etc?

I've read through these forums on many occasions and picked up loads of useful info, but as you can see this is my first post so please don't roast me if I am asking anything stupid :blush: .

ANY help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. CarlitoBrigante

CarlitoBrigante

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found the th37PW7 for £1399 at Krishav.co.uk.

Does anyone know if this is a reliable site? Or is it better to stick with someone like av-sales and pay the extra?