New Plasma - Do I stay with LG

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by kjt2004, Apr 18, 2007.

1. kjt2004

kjt2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hi All

I already have a 42"LG which is brill but going to a new home so i nned to decide

My budget is £850 (37"-42")

Whats the best choice - tempted to stick with LG, The 42PC1D as its within budget and mine hasnt caused me any probs

Or are there others to test drive - advice please

Regards

2. cheapskate58

cheapskate58

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Better the devil you know;)

3. RPD_UK

RPD_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Being that the PC1D can be had for £650 these days it makes it a bit of a bargain. Having said that, there have been some reliability 'issues' with them - all of which you can find in the PC1D thread on here.

The new Samsung Plasma screens are (just) in-side your budget, and having seen one next to a Pioneer in my local Richersounds (both running the same HD feed) i have to say i was very impressed.

They look damn sexy too imo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PS42Q97-Widescreen-Plasma-Freeview/dp/B000O12ECW

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PS4...000O12EB8/ref=pd_sbs_ce_4/203-2811019-3893513

4. sirboz

sirboz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Similarly I have had an LG crt for a few years and its been great !

Im looking at 50 inch silver plasma around £1000 to spend , saw this one ...

LG 50PC1D 50" WXGA HD Ready Plasma iDTV

£1028 at a few sites (the best feedback seems to be for digital-point.co.uk although Ive never heard of them - are they ok :confused:

when i was looking at in comet the salesperson was talking me away from it why LG ??? the black wasnt very 'black' panasonic are far superior :lesson: etc etc the panasonic was only £100 more i think it was

Are LG that bad and thats why this ones cheaper than most , as I say my current LG has been ok ?