1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Plasma Buyer

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steevs, Oct 22, 2003.

1. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy a new screen in the next few days, I have been looking at the richer sounds site who look to be doing some decent deals, i have a budget of £3000 max but I also would like an extended warranty. Richer sounds are offering the LGMZ42PZ17 for £2300, the Panasonic TH42PW5B, the Hitachi 42PMA400E which are both £2500 and the Relisys RP4205S for £2100, can anyone offer any advice on which is the best of these panels. Also does anyone know how much extended warranty's cost? Or can anyone reccomend any on line dealers who can match either prices or service. I know that's quite a lot of questions but thats because I have cocked up on plasma screens once, I'm making sure I make the right decision this time.

Thanks all

Steve

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Best advice is to go view them yourself. Once you've done that I'm sure you'll agre that the Panasonic TH-42PWD6 is the best. :)

Neil.

3. RossC

RossC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Alternative choice - NEC VP4S. Mine came with a manufacturers 3 year warranty as standard, so might be worth you considering. Now available online at £2500 so in your price range too.

p.s the pic is superb too...

4. Popodopulos

Popodopulos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Lewis provide 5 year extended warranty on all electrical goods. Including Plasma TVs. They will also price match other retailers, although there are some restrictions on this.

Tend to focus on Plasma TVs rather than screens though.