1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Plasma - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by StevieB, Jun 14, 2005.

1. StevieB

StevieB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I Hope someone out there can help me.
    After spending the last 8 weeks waiting for my new 42" plasma to arrive from Evesham, I was informed that this screen isn't HDMI compatible after all, so have had to cancel my order.

The real down side to this is, that now I haven't got a screen (apart from my 20" portable).

I really need to some advice now. I have no idea which plamsa to go for now. The only thing I am certain on, is that it must be HDCP compliant, and especially compatible with the new Sky HDTV system out next year, whichever way they go.

As far as price is concerned, I am willing to go up to about £2,500, but for that money it had better be the best thing going!!!!!!

Can someone please help. Also any good dealers/suppliers advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Steve

2. Bleeders

Bleeders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Richer Sounds if you've got one near you mate; good prices, good staff and you'll be able to see the panel in action.

I've got a Hitachi 42PD7200 and couldn't be happier with it. Some say Hitachi, some say Pioneer, depends what you like at the end of the day

3. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    With up to £2500 the world is pretty much your oyster these days, make sure you see them demo'd before parting with cash, they are quite different to each other, very much an 'each to his own' situation.