• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Planner, No Volume Option

HowPts

Standard Member
Has anyone noticed how low the audio is on the Thompson Receiver since the mew EPG.
Before I get the obvious reply yes I could turn the amp volume up but that’s not the point all my other audio inputs e.g. DVD, freeview, is markedly louder, I’m using the optical for audio, so I don’t know how the scart and phone audio levels are effected.

6022tivo

Has anyone noticed how low the audio is on the Thompson Receiver since the mew EPG.
Before I get the obvious reply yes I could turn the amp volume up but that’s not the point all my other audio inputs e.g. DVD, freeview, is markedly louder, I’m using the optical for audio, so I don’t know how the scart and phone audio levels are effected.

You are very correct, solution is to use the sky.com support, use the contact us for tech support, if it is mentioned enough they may stick it back in on a future update??? The more people moan, the better chance of getting it back

HowPts

Standard Member
You are very correct, solution is to use the sky.com support, use the contact us for tech support, if it is mentioned enough they may stick it back in on a future update??? The more people moan, the better chance of getting it back
Hi I will do that many thanks for your reply, the strange thing is on the old EPG I only had the volume at about 75% anyway so it must be pre-set to about 30% of it’s full output, just to add a foot note, most AV amps you can pre-trim the input levels independently, but still it’s too low.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom