1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PJ, some thoughts

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mrapbp, May 17, 2005.

1. mrapbp

mrapbp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Guys,

Just thought I would share my thoughts on the 4805 I recently bought in the classifieds (good price as well!!). Not going to be an in-depth technical review as I wouldn’t do it justice!!

Just a bit of background on the PJ's I have owned. AE100, AE300, NEC HT1000.

The HT1000 was truly superb and was in a different league to the others! I think I only sold it due to the fact that it was getting on a bit and I could sell it for not much less than I bought it. Wanted to wait for a while to see what emerged technology and price wise.

As I said have just managed to get a 4805 at a good price so took the plunge. Bought a 7ft Beamax screen to go with it so I now have a setup that didn’t cost me the earth.

After a bit tweaking all I can say is WOW!!! I cannot believe what you can get for under £1000 now!! The picture is extremely clear, sharp and the colors are very natural.

Now I know it probably isn’t as good as the HT1000 but it really isn’t that far off and I am amazed at how good it is especially as it was 1/3rd of the cost.

Also haven’t seen a hint of a rainbow :clap:

So all in all I am a happy bunny and now have a really good setup at a fraction of the cost I had spent (have gone through a similar exercise with all my kit, having sold it all and replaced with decent stuff when really good offers came along) and I no longer wonder if it was all worth the cost/hassle etc!

Cheers!!

2. mrapbp

mrapbp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Oh yea and anyone considering one GO DO IT NOW!!

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Good news mate.

I demoed the 4805 a while back and the colours leapt off the screen.

Very, very nice bit of kit and to be honest it was on my short list as imo, I thought it had a better picture than the dearer 7205.

Pete.