new pioneers

What's the price going to be on the 43", and are the desk top stand and speakers included..?

Simon

I dont think Pioneer UK are going to release the 434HDE pricing until the trade launch on 18 Sept 03.

I've been asking pretty much every day but keep getting told its not been set as yet.

I'm also sure you'll be able to buy the unit with or without some of the optional accessories and there may well be an incentive to purchase the accessories as a bundle.

Best regards

Joe

Tony,
I already sent a longer email, but wanted to know if there are any experiences in the field.

Let's see what comes out. Whatever it is, I will wait for next gen MXE plasmas to make a purchase, that's what I decided over six months ago.

I need the scaler card and I will have to decide what to use as tuner. Features as teletext and PIP are essential to me. It is beautiful when you have a choice :)

Thanks
Kastrup

Pioneer 434 HDE list price in Germany is 6.999 Euros(approx. 4830 pounds but only with 16% VAT) for the set (incl. display, media box and speakers, but no stand). I have here an official price list distributed in the Berlin exhibition to the public.

As many other gear is more expensive in the UK than on the Continent expect something like 5000+ list price over there

how much! i think my enthusiasm for the new pioneer is fading away,i thought it would be in line with the panny6 .ah well panasonic here i come.:rolleyes:

Dennis,

Which Panasonic 6 generation panel, the Standard Definition (SD)or the High Definintion (HD)?

Pioneers are high definition panels, these obviously cost more to produce therefor will cost more to buy. The same is true for the Panasonic HD panels.

If however you are not looking at a HD panel, then I wonder why you were waiting for the Pioneer in any case?.

Tony

i liked the look of it! thats all,i just expected it to be around the £3500 mark ,hd or not £5000 is a stupid amount of money for a tv i dont care how good it is,it's taking the p***:mad:

I think Dennis is just comparing the price to the current 433HDE... I don't want to pay any more than 4.5K for a display and I also want HD compatibilty... I seem to just keep going round in circles, ending up back at the 433MXE (which I'm not going to pay full price for as it will inevitably be discounted in the new year...)...

Don't think I'm any nearer deciding...

Guys,

Your right about the cost, but unfortunatly not alot can be done about that.

High Definition panels cost more, also the latest generation was always going to cost more than the previous.

I agree it is SH*T TBH.

Simon, I thought you had decided on the Panasonic HD 6th Generation panel?

Tony

Hello Dennis

I wonder why so angry with Pioneer re the HDE Plasma TV - Pioneer are replacing the PDP-433HDE (which sold for around £4.5k) with a new model with upgraded feature set.

The PDP-434HDE was never pegged to be a competitor with the Pioneer PDP-433MXE or Panasonic TH-42PWD6BX Plasma Display's - which are £3.5k and £3k respectively.

The nearest Panasonic option to the new PDP-434HDE being the TH-42PA20 at around £3.8K.

Best regards

Joe

Originally posted by dennis
i liked the look of it! thats all,i just expected it to be around the £3500 mark ,hd or not £5000 is a stupid amount of money for a tv i dont care how good it is,it's taking the p***:mad:

iv seen the 433hde for 3730.11p is that any good

tbrar... I'm going round in circles..! Only certain thing is that I haven't decided..! The wife HAS decided I can't have the 50" though :(

£3730.11p? where howie

thank's howie.
thats a bit of a difference is'nt it!,the rrp is over £6ooo !!,if this is kosher then i know where i would go for my plasma,any explanation for price difference joe? (not being sarcastic just carefull):D

I think the 433HDE is £3509 at empire direct, but hurry its only for a 3 days

lucky

Hello Dennis

As you can see the very last PDP-433HDE units are being sold off at a discount - Pioneer UK cleared the stock rooms last week; though there are none to many 433HDE around.

Pretty much any Pioneer dealer can do the price you have seen - and some can even include a free table top stand and centre speaker :); though I wouldn't hold out for too long as there were probably less than 50 units sold to the trade at reduced prices.

Please keep in mind this is the outgoing model NOT the NEW PDP-434HDE.

Best regards

Joe

Assuming that the 434HDE will retail for around 4.5K, then I think it will be 'good' value as the media box should have 3 x scart, 2 x DVI, component, s-video and composite... Along with VGA and an SD memory card reader... That's assuming also that the media box works..! I'm being strangely drawn to this panel... Would save me buying loads of new cables/converters..!

Anyone know if 433 HDE owners will be able to upgrade the media box?

Is the plasma panel the same spec / connection between the 433 and 434?

Anyone know if 433 HDE owners will be able to upgrade the media box?

smcgrego

I dont think theres much chance of that TBH.

It's pretty short sighted if they don't do it, especially if the panel is the same/compatible.

I for one would be prepared to pay£500-600 on a new media box, but I wouldn't be prepared to replace the whole lot.

Dennis

Would approx £4.1k cause any less stress or require less angry pills :) - after a bit of arm twisting yesterday I finally got a 'guide' price out of Pioneer UK for the PDP-434HDE.

That price will be ex the NXT speaker kit and pedestal stand.

Best regards

Joe

Joe... Have you got an approx. price for the pedestal stand yet..?

smcgrego

I've been told there wont be an 'upgrade' path for PDP-433HDE owners.

Even if the new Media Box did work* in place of the PDP-R03 Media Box I doubt Pioneer will have the production capacity to produce lots of extra boxes for 'Upgrades'.

Best regards

Joe

*I'm told it wont work anyway - but THEY always say that dont THEY!

Hello SimonO

I'd assume the pedestal will be pretty similar to the PDK-TS03 so around £160.

Joe

PS No idea on the NXT speakers!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom