New Pioneers - retention problems?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Kopacabana, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have researched the subject on this forum.

Just to put final pieces of the puzzle together, it would appear that recent builds of the XDE and FDE (Dec '05 onwards) and the new SXE and RXE suffer little or no retention problems. Am I right in my conclusion?

2. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Ive got a Dec build XDE and get very little retention, if CBeebies has been on for hours you can see the channel logo some times when you turn onto a channel with a light back ground but after a matter of seconds its gone.

Andy

3. dazmd

dazmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mine's a Feb build and was run at lower settings for 200hours,now running with higher settings and not once have i noticed any retention.

4. Reefon

Reefon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also have a Dec build XDE... 400+ hours, and cant fault the screen in any way! :smashin:

5. keefers

keefers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have a January build of 436XDE. Ran it at recommended settings for 200 hours then ramped it up to my liking.

Haven't seen even a second of retention & I watch Sky News for hours.

Recommended settings for reference (Thanks to OP):

Contrast 20
    Brightness -5
    Colour -10 (Should really stay like that)
    Power Save onto "Save 2"

K.

6. loudhouse

loudhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a November Build and had an engineer change my Voltage settings.

I have played my XBOX360 for many hours at a time and have had NO issues with burn in or image retention at all.

Pioneer said everyone shoould have there Voltage settings changed to stop these issues on your screen.

7. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    My Pioneer repair mate was at the Pioneer factory for a visit yesterday, along with other Pio repair engineers.

Someone brought up this subject with the quip "there's a burning issue we need to talk about". :clap: :clap:

Seems like only the 436 is affected and not the 506. This concurs with the fact that the s/w update is for the 436 only (I've had it done and it does improve matters).

There has been NO confirmed case of screen burn. The worst Pio have seen was one which had XBOX 360 graphics on it, but it it did fade away.

Apparently they output 1400 screens a day and have a backlog now. This factory in England supplies all of Europe.

8. fat dog

fat dog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I bought my 436 at the end of October so guess it'll either be a Sept. or Nov. build (it's on the wall so can't check). I'm now suffering terrible retention, even with low settings. Have still got the score bar from watching Barcelona-Chelsea over a weekago! The screen buzzes unacceptably and the fan on the media box has now got louder to the point it is extremely distracting. Not exactly too happy at the moment...

9. the slug

the slug
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As i posted on here already, ours is December 05 build, 201hrs06mins ran so far no issues with retension, also calibrated to similar setting as most on here ;) Top PQ

10. Dalry

Dalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What settings did you use. I would like to set my new 436 sxe.

11. Plastic Sith

Plastic Sith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Recently purchased 436 XDE (April 06 build) and despite taking all the advice on these forums into consideration as regards settings etc today encountered my first case of image retention. I am now the proud ;) owner of the Czech Republic versus Ghana scoreline with associated ITV logo!!!! It seems I won't be able to watch the World Cup on the set anymore unless I want to preserve the scorelines for posterity!:eek: Am whacking on "the snow" tonight so hopefully this will sort things out.

Can it really be the case that in order to use these sophisticated pieces of cutting edge technology to undertake that highly technical past time of "watching television" we will all have to resort to switching channels if there is a logo, take as our motto "Darker is safer" and generally spend more time concerning ourselves with what our chosen programme/input is doing to our screen rather than what it is doing to our minds!?:eek:

Seriously Pioneer, how do you get away with it? (I believe the answer is, we continue to buy from you!)

Of course what makes the whole thing so bad is that the set looks so gorgeous when you can actually tear yourself away from checking out yet another suspect after-image!

Curse you Pioneer, curse you!