New Pioneers - DV393, DV490. Svideo?

Devil On Your S

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who owns either the DV393 or DV490 confirm whether they have a S-Video socket or not? I'm looking to get one to replace my 575a (has NO ID NUM fault), and i'm getting contradictory info. AVLand claims they do, but Superfi doesn't and indeed in the photos it definitely looks they they don't unfortunately :(

they DONT have S-video and both these players are Bugged up Rubbish anyway so i advise you to avoid them at all costs. :)

try the pio av696, its £120 from amazon. it's got hdmi and plays sacd/dvda. i think it's got svideo, but just check the specs on avland and the pio site.

i got mine for £130 next day delivery multiregion from kk electronics (never used them before this). theres a few threads about the player, so look there and you'll find links where folks have got it from

the 696 doesnt have all the problems the 490 does as it uses a different chip. some people report a bit of jaggies on pal playback. after 2 weeks of general use i can say i don't really notice this unless i sit right in front of the screen to look out for it, altho i mostly watch ntsc which doesnt have the issue at all

Decided to keep with the old range and picked up a DV-380 for 50 notes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom