1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pioneer plasmas not as good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Costas, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Guys,

Has anyone seen / read / reviewed the new 505/435XDE/HDE/FDE plasmas (XDE has the digital tuner)? I was talking to an old colleague working in Japan last week and his words were: "Rubbish because Pioneer should not try so hard to have a new model every year, no way they can improve it by copying the flow of others. A real shame for a leader in the field. Thank God they are still making the 504/434. Even the older 503/433 is much better than the new offering".

Then yesterday I saw the article on page 23 of the What Hi-Fi magazine. There it says "plasma is shadow of old self" ...and "all good things come to an end"! !!

If there is such a picture quality issue as described.... it probably has to do with the plastic replacement of the glass screen??

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what i've heard everybody has been commenting on the cut down version FDE, not heard anything on the HDE but this seems to be the same as the XDE but with no DVB tuner, The XDE is apparently fantastic maybe not a big improvement over the PDP434HDE but at least as good and £300 cheaper at retail!!

3. dgc

dgc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I might be wrong but I think the HDE is no longer available in uk.
    UK options are XDE with dig tuner or FDE with analogue.
    HDE is for those countries without DVB-t .

If that's not right I'm sure someone will say so.

4. SteveRSF

SteveRSF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah i was told that as well that the new plasmas are no where near as good as the 434!