1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pioneer Plasmas - Anyone know when?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by fecdave, Jun 8, 2005.

1. fecdave

fecdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im just about to buy a new plasma, and have narrowed it down to the PV500 and the 43XDE. After reading all the threads on here, im starting to favour the PV500.

However I have this nagging voice in my head telling me that the new Pioneer will surpass the Pv500. I know with technology it becomes dated very quickly and you cat wait forevor, but does anyone know when the new Pioneers come out so that I can make a more informed decison??

Thanks in advance

2. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    think there was a short thread about the 436 Sept / Oct I think it said

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Yep, I doubt you’d see it before then.

4. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    And then the next generation Panny will be just around the corner,to be followed a little later by yet another Pio!!Life's too short.Go for it,make a decision :devil:

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sound advice from Mr DRD, you could wait forever if you must have the 'latest' kit. There are some cracking screens out there, at great prices. You are now spoiled for choice, something for everyone. The only thing that could delay a buying decision from me were I a plasma customer as opposed to flogger would be the Panasonic 8 series panels, but then I despise integrated TV plasmas, maybe I'm odd, so don't mind my opinion in that respect.

6. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    MAW, will these be cheaper than the TV's by the time you add a board or 2. Do you think the panels will have a slightly better PQ potential. I'm close to a 42"500 series but a few more months wait might be bearable..

I'd appreciate you opinion on the 42" pv500 as well.

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The panels always work out a few quid cheaper, and really you could get away with 1 board with an intelligent approach. That would be HDMI/DVI I presume. You might end up buying a few items you have not currently thought about, but finish with a serious video system instead of a telly. The panels are noticeably less bulky than the Viera type TVs, there's an advantage to the 435XDE, physically they are slightly smaller than the Panasonic TV but with a larger visible screen. The PV500 has a good picture out of the box, even on SD inputs though, which IMHO puts it ahead of the Pioneer. The PV is as good as a PHD7 out of the box, but it lacks the flexibility, not to mention tweakability, of the panel only model. I run a PHD7 myself, I could have chosen anything I wanted, it being my firm. The HDMI digital input on the PV is restricted just like the one on the Pioneer it seems, which is infuriating if you do wish to enhance your system. It makes adding HTPCs and scalers difficult.

8. hinesle

hinesle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer are also offering 2 free flights to New York/Boston when you buy a plasma. This promotion is due to start imminently (so my local retail tells me) so holiday for the missus and plasma for you :thumbsup:

9. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Great idea, when the missus finds out how much I'm going to spend I will need a good escape plan!