• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Pioneer PDP-436 RXE ; Pros&Cons

mr shiny

Standard Member
Am eagerly awaiting 1st reviews of this new plasma as it appears to be a slightly more affordable option than the 436XDE.
Main features it lacks compared to the flagship XDE is 1 HDMI slot instead of 2 and it doesnt come with digital tuner which I'm not fussed about because have Sky digibox and will be upgrading to SkyHD.
Quite like the fact it has integral speakers& comes with a stand included in the price(best price I've seen currently around £1,900) ,both speakers&stand are optional extras when buying the XDE which bumps up the flagship models price considerably.
If anybody has an RXE,would appreciate your comments/feedback.
Thanks.

Superwof

Established Member
I'm also eagerly awaiting any reports on this model. Though I have to admit that since learning about Panasonic's upcoming PV60 (2x HDMI) I think I will wait a little longer before buying. It seems the Panasonic will be a fair bit cheaper, and even if the Pioneer proves to be the better display it may still mean that Pioneer will drop its prices. Sound like a win-win situation for all the patient buyers.....:) Still like the looks of the Pioneer better though, and can't wait to read about it, let alone see it in real (no sightings of it in Holland so far....:()

mr shiny

Standard Member
I like the sound of this new Panasonic PV600..Did'nt know about that one.
Think I will wait for a review of that set before buying the Pioneer.
Thats the problem with technology..knowing as soon as you buy a top plasma,,something bigger&better is just around the corner!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom