new pioneer pdp-434hde

CALLSTANLEY247

Established Member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A PDP-434HDE.I ALSO HAVE A HIGH DEF DVD PLAYER. WHICH IN OTHER MAIL IV READ. MOST PEOPLE THINK ITS NOT OUT THERE IT IS. UPGRADES YOUR DVD FROM 480 ALL THE WAY TO 1080P IT DID A GREAT JOB WITH MY OLD LCD .SO SHOULD GET A WELL GREAT VIEWING EXPERIENCE ONCE IT GETS HERE ANYONE HAVE THIS PIONEER 43 INCH INFO FOR ME .ILL TAKE A FEW PICS ONCE IT GETS HERE AND SHOW YOU ALL MY OWN SET UP
:hiya:

CALLSTANLEY247 said:
HI EVERYONE JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A PDP-434HDE.I ALSO HAVE A HIGH DEF DVD PLAYER. WHICH IN OTHER MAIL IV READ. MOST PEOPLE THINK ITS NOT OUT THERE IT IS. UPGRADES YOUR DVD FROM 480 ALL THE WAY TO 1080P IT DID A GREAT JOB WITH MY OLD LCD .SO SHOULD GET A WELL GREAT VIEWING EXPERIENCE ONCE IT GETS HERE ANYONE HAVE THIS PIONEER 43 INCH INFO FOR ME .ILL TAKE A FEW PICS ONCE IT GETS HERE AND SHOW YOU ALL MY OWN SET UP
:hiya:

Stop shouting. Take off the caps lock please

sorry guys running about abit.i payed £1750 since then i have been told that was to much .everywere i looked for it it was £4400 or more some people have said i could buy it for £1200.maybe but i need to know will it still be upto much as id like to wach my dvd in hidef and play my game from pc, platstation,and watch my cable in hi def once it is lauched.the pioneer pdp434hde seems ok but im getting confused with it now.should i cancel and get the 435 or as the reviews for this seem better .please help me sort my resavations ...ie is it good for the money i paid

It was me you asked about the 434 and all I said was, with the Pioneer 436HDE being available for just over the £2k mark I think £1750 is too much, I would have said that £1200 would have been nearer the mark, I know a couple of people who have sold their 434's for a little less than this, and I know someone else who has tried to get £1500 for his 435 and in the end let it go for £1300 just to move it on, I think that used prices show what a product is really worth.
Don't bother with the 435 either, in fact the 434 is probably better than the 435, but the 436 has addressed the real problem with Pioneer screens which is their complete inability to produce decent blacks. If you really can't afford a couple of hundred quid more the 434 is a good screen, but it is old now and we all know that no one wants last years kit, let alone kit from 3 years ago.

hi there thanks for your feed back.im in a tricky position now .dont know what to get now have canceld the 434 but trying to find a good price on 436 £2549 for the hde model.do you recomend any other screens like maybe the panasonic th-42pv500 or the philips 50pf9966 ,fujitsu p42hca30eh £1850.80 would any of these do me good thanks for you help very new to forms and pc

The 436xde and the PV500 are both very good screens and you would be really pleased with either of them.
You mention the Fuji monitor, from that I take it you have a sound system and a tuner (either sky, freeview or cable)???
If that is the case then the Panasonic PHD8 can be had with stand or wall bracket for £2100 in the special offers section of this forum, and I don't think you would find one person who would say this isn't a hell of a jump up from the Pioneer 434hde.
You can add input boards to the free slots on the Panasonic as and when you need to. If you need hdmi in a year you just add the card.

Have a look at the offer and see what you think, and if it would be any good for your set up.

if you ask around the 434HDE are the best of the Pioneer plasmas at the moment. The newer screens had poorer components to make them cheaper, ie plastic screen instead of thick glass.A good 434HDE set up right looks better than the cheaper newer ones.

hmmmm

I've owned a 434HDE and whilst it was a damn fine screen at the time (lovely glass...) Gizraloc is quite correct in that the black level was rubbish, he's also quite correct that 1750 is alittle too much to pay for one, I've seen brand new fully stacked 435xde's for only a little more.

Regards the DVD player, for the LAST time you DO NOT have a high def DVd player, the people who have told you they are not around at the moment are quite correct, you have an "up-sampling" player, they can do wonders (particularly on screens with rubbish internal scalers/de-interlacers like the 434) but it's categorically not the same as "true" high def.

Regardless good luck with your hunting.....

Callstanley247 I notice you say you are new to forums and pc's, there are loads of people who can give you advice, you then need to have a look for yourself if possible, but at least you can get an idea of which ones to ignore and which ones to demo, if you want to speak to someone ou can send me a PM and I will give you my phone number, if that helps?

hi .i ended up going for the 434 im trying to get the ALPHASON AG94/2 - PIANO BLACK stand £225 anyone seen it cheper
gizlaroc whats pm mean
thanks all for your thought and help

Private Message mate.

hi trying to sort out my pioneer pdp434hde people .can anyone tell me how my plasma says input not surported for my pc .cant seem to find out why on my pc the plasma cant surport it .im going round the bend got a nvidia geforce 5200.screen resolution 1024 x768.dont know why i cant get it conected. can anyone help please i want to play my games

hi trying to sort out the 434 people can anyone tell me how my plasma says input not surported.cant seem to find out on my ppc why the plasma cant surport it .im going round the bend got a nvidia geforce 5200.screen resolution 1024 x768.dont know why i cant get it conected. can anyone help please i want to play my games :lease:
also ccan anyone tell me how i attach some pics of my set up thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom