New Pioneer DVD Players 2007

O

origbow1

I have done a little digging and I believe I have discovered the details on the new Pioneer models.

It looks like there will be only two models. A basic one (replacing DV-393/490) and a top spec one (replacing DV-696). I have no word on a replacement for DV-989 at this time.

Model No's (tentative - I expect these to be tweaked slightly)

DV-300V (Basic) in Silver/Black due in early May 2007
DV-400V (Top Spec) in Silver/Black due in late May 2007

The DV-400V has HDMI, 1080p upscaling, USB port on front, 7 Sound Equalizing Optimizing, 108MHz 12bit Video DAC, 96KHz 24bit Audio DAC. Universal Player All Formats, DivX certified.

The DV-300V does not have HDMI, 1080p upscaling, USB port or 7 Sound Equalizing Optimizing. It is a Universal Player All Formats, DivX certified.

Otherwise, specs similar to exisiting models.

Price seems to be keen though £65 for DV-300V and £99 - £109 (TBA) for DV-400V.

Thought I would let you all know.

KMO

That PDF doesn't show the 400V as being a universal player - no SACD or DVD-Audio. So it's not a replacement for the 696.

H

Hkan

Pioneer have registerd the following names at
2007-03-22:
DV-300-S
DV-500K-S
and
2007-03-22:
DVR-450H-S
DVR-550H-S
DVR-650H-S

These DVRs are registerd at Guide Plus+ in March 2007
Pioneer DVR-550 H
Pioneer DVR-LX60
Pioneer DVR-515 H
Pioneer DVR-650 H

OneManArmy

Standard Member
I

The DV-300V does not have HDMI, 1080p upscaling, USB port or 7 Sound Equalizing Optimizing. It is a Universal Player All Formats, DivX certified.

Thought I would let you all know.

This doesn't sound about right. The 490 had HDMI, so it sounds like the DV-300V is a step backwards.

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us. I am holding off buying a 696 till May and see what pioneer puts out.

borofoga

I was waiting to purchase the Pioneer 696AV but now will wait for the 400V for the 1080P, WMV and USB.

Never needed the DVD-A and SACD playability from the 696AV but it is a shame that the 400V can't play divx files off a HDD via the USB, or can it?

Will wait until the Pionner models are released and see how they compare with the Oppo 981HD, Samsung 1080P8 and Cambridge Audio DVD 86/89.

H

Hkan

New dvd-players in Japan, they should be coming here too:
DV-600AV replacing the DV-696AV
zoom_03.jpg

-DVD-Audio, SACD
-DSD-bitstream from SACD over HDMI
-WMA, AAC, MP3, DivX and DivX Ultra and jpeg.
-USB (v1.1)
-108MHz/12bit video DAC
-720p/1080i/1080P

DV-400V replacing DV-490V
1080P and USB

DV-300 replacing DV-393

Info in Japanease:
DV-600AV
DV-400V
DV-300

Attachments

• dvd2007.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 394

borofoga

From HKAN's post USB 1.1 is mentioned so i doubt Divx play via USB will be possible but i do hope!

Otherwise can HKAN produce a firmware to emulate this :D

I will now be waiting for the Pioneer 600AV-K

OneManArmy

Standard Member
Awesome. Thanks Hakan for the updates. Any timeline as to when are they coming to Europe?

Edit: I just had a look at the attached pdf file, and it seems the 600 is coming out in June :(

markelliott

I will be purchasing a DV-600AV. This player looks absolutely awesome. It plays every format you could want, plus two new ones (AAC and WMV), and has a front USB port for memory sticks as well!! It's basically a supercharged DV-696AV - superb. :thumbsup:

Live_Steam_Mad

Standard Member
Anyone know if there is an AUDIO DELAY ADJUSTMENT / Lip sync adjustment on the new DV-600 ?

I'm in the market for a new player to go with my IN72 PJ since my 2 cheap Chinese players died within months of each other...:mad:

Cheers,

Alistair G.

D

Deleted member 22325

I got myself 400VK for $99, and I am impressed! Best value for my $100 ever. and I am very demanding! I cant wait for 600V. please keep us posted.

BTW if some one find a region free hack for me. I would love that.
thnx:thumbsup:

Live_Steam_Mad

Standard Member
Interesting indeed... Please can you tell us what you think of the PQ of your new 400 model, via HDMI (and others) to a quality 16:9 big LCD / Plasma / projector. Also would like to know of any issues with transport noise, build quality, loading times, transport access speeds, disc compatability, freezing issues / glitches of any kind (hopefully none) on picture or sound at any time, DVD-R compatability for movies, how responsive the remote is, how large an angle the remote will work from (or if the remote beam can be bounced off the screen to make it nice and easy like my IN72 can), picture shifting to any extent, unwanted borders, etc, basically if you find anything wrong with it at all I would love to know as I really want to keep with Pioneer and I want them to do a really good job on it, so that I can have a very good idea of what the 600 is like (it's the 600 I am after).

I bought their top spec. Laser Disc player 925 from them many moons ago and it's been nothing but a total delight and I love Pioneer stuff. Gotta be black and NOT THAT THIN and quite stylish [like 1980's / early 1990's Sony stuff preferably i.e. rectangular and monolithic with FL display] (JOG AND SHUTTLE on the remote like the 925 would be nice as well!). I'm currently watching Star Trek LaserDiscs as I have bog all else to watch now as my cheap Chinese DVD players went tits up. I'm having a whale of a time though LOL (as long as you crush the black level a little to remove a lot of the noise from LD!!), a lovely 3D like picture, it's amazing. No stupid annnoying prohibited user operations or fiddly menus LMAO!

Looking forwards very much to the Pioneer model 600 :) Just want to know if it has AV lip sync correction, and when I can buy it in black, multiregioned, in the UK.

BTW Pioneer's old logo that comes up on the LaserDisc pre-titles before the program starts is really cool. PLEASE PIONEER BRING BACK THE OLD LOGO! I loved it very much. Very "male" and imposing and "Elite Technology" looking, very impressive. Always looked very cool in gold colour. LOL. Not like the stupid girly one of today LOL. All IMHO of course hehe.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

D

Deleted member 22325

My pleasure!! I had a brief set up experience with it. This darn thing is loaded with settings more than from 3X more exp players imho.

It looks good/feel good/perform good, loaded with features. Only if I can region hack it it will be ideal.

How abt pioneer logo, if you can post a picture for me, I can tell you then?

PQ to me for check up 1080i looked very good. I did not run any detail tests but will be happy to comment as it goes.

OneManArmy

Standard Member
My pleasure!! I had a brief set up experience with it. This darn thing is loaded with settings more than from 3X more exp players imho.

Are you talking about the new pioneer 600? If so, where did you find it? Is it being sold already?

Fella55

Anyone know if there is an AUDIO DELAY ADJUSTMENT / Lip sync adjustment on the new DV-600 ?

I'm in the market for a new player to go with my IN72 PJ since my 2 cheap Chinese players died within months of each other...:mad:

Cheers,

Alistair G.

You want to take a look at the Panasonic DVD-S53EB player as this has the audio delay feature you require. Also does 1080P upscaling and is priced around £99 and is available now.

More info http://techdocs.panasonic.co.uk/GetDoc.aspx?did=149670&fmt=pdf&lang=en&src=3

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom