1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pioneer 434 and Teletext

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by catdna, Jun 11, 2004.

1. catdna

catdna
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I got my 434HDE last week and so far I'm loving it. However, I've noticed that when I turn on the TV in the morning and read a bit of teletext news (only for about a minute or so), that when I switch back to TV, the 'inbetween' screen (signal picture on left, teletext on rhs), the 'grey' bars at the top of the screen have a definite 'burn' of the teletext logo - this isn't permanent - it goes away when I switch back to normal / full tv mode - but I wouldn't like to risk a full burn in on a brand new screen.

Is this usual for the Pioneer ? Is it because the screen is so new and hasn't had a chance to 'warm-up' first thing in the morning ?

I would like to use teletext now and again, but I'm pretty worried about this after image....

any ideas ?

Thanks

Chris

2. mstodge

mstodge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i've got the same telly, and i'm loving it too. to watch teletext though, i set it to game mode, and don't have any probs.

Cheers
    Mark.

3. catdna

catdna
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - I'll give it a go.

I'm hoping that it's just because the screen is so new (nowhere near 200 hours yet, and I'm running on a low brightness / contrast setting as seems to be the norm).

Cheers
    Chris