1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New pioneer 2011S

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by davidhunter, May 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. davidhunter

davidhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all,
    Had an interesting talk with a large mail order company today to be told they are not getting in any more 2011 and the line is now finished. The 2011 is to be superseeded by an A or AX3 or AX5.

Has anyone else heard this ? Like the rest of you I have been searching for one to listen to and then to buy but with no luck what so ever. Anyone in the Glasgow area who has auditioned this amp please drop me a line of where they heard it.

Cheers

2. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    YUp that is correct the new AX3 and AX 5 will replace the 2011 at least thats what I heard. I was lucky to demo the 2011 recently in my local hi fi corner and was impressed , had one on order with Unbeatable since January and have been told I will recieve it next week so really lookin forward to it.
    I heard that the new version wont be out until early next year or late this but I may be wrong , heard no news regarding if they will discontinue the 2011 before then though , although I reckon it will as they never intended to build so many of em in the first place.
    The 2011 I heard was on loan from Pioneer but I also heard that the shop will be gettin a few in for stock next week too, so you caould try Hi Fi Corner in Edinburgh.
    HTH
    Laters
    Spooks

3. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    don't think they stopped producing the unit. Unless they have a huge stock!!!!

The unit is still running in US and no replacement is waited for next months. When it comes out in US wait at least 4 months to get to UK....

They would't be without a unit to compete with 3803 for 6 months minimum...

4. davidhunter

davidhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Cheers for that Spooky and mutley I had a message on my answerphone when I got in this evening from Pioneer saying that it may be autumn time when its replaced, whether or not it will be better is a different matter. They did verify that they didnt make enough of them and are trying to import more from Europe to cover demand in this country !interesting.
    I tried sound and vision and HiFi junkies no luck with either of them having any at present.
    Hi Fi Corner in Glasgow also said they are getting one in on loan within the next week or too so fingers crossed they may get some in for sale. Unbeatable also not selling them any more.

Still trying as I write this. I will wait and see

Cheers

Davy

5. Jeffers01

Jeffers01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I've been told by my local HiFi dealer that the 2011 will be replaced in September........so check out this site for 41 'real people' reviews on the Denon 3803. It comes out a storm. http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_140066_2718crx.aspx

Can I wait or should I go for this? Advice please!!

6. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    go for a 2011. i'm sure it can be found...

7. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
  8. jeffer0001

jeffer0001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So where Mutley? I've tried about 10 places and they laugh when I enquire about the 2011. Everybody has it on backorder.

9. davidhunter

davidhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just been to sevenoaks in Glasgow they have one for audition. It is a very capable amp however just to throw more hot wateron the coals I listened to the Harmon Kardon 5500 and I have to say in Hi Fi mode its better ! It sounds more detailed, very smooth and almost warm valve sound. The only thing to fault it is that its maybe too layed back for films however in Hi Fi mode its a blinder. Give it a listen if you cant get the 2011 you will be impressed. Once again the Denon 3803 (not 3802 this time) did not impress me. Draw back about the HK is I feel its really ugly and I dont think I could put up with that being beside my nice silver Tosh TV.

Oh well looks like the hunt goes on for the 2011.

Davy

10. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

So what would a fair price be for a 2nd hand one ?
    Has anybody seen any.

John

11. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Agree with Davy about the HK5500, if I didn't have a stereo amp for music I might have gone for the HK over my 2011 and in preference to the 3803.

I listened to the HK with Dynaudio's all round and it is impressive with movies as well, just not quite up to the 2011 I felt.

Gus