1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Phone Warranty Transfer

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by joust, Jan 26, 2004.

1. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Dear All,

I have a buyer for a brand new phone (6310i) that has been obtained last week from O2. Where does the buyer stand with warranty on the phone if a problem develops in the 1st 12 months? Who should he contact for repair/warranty claim? Can he go back to Nokia direct, or would the phone have to be returned to O2?

Help please!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Joust

2. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Unless specifically stated that the warranty will transfer (which is doubtful) or the new buyer is taking over your contract and rental, there would be no contract between either O2 or Nokia and the new owner, and so the new owner would not be able to claim a repair from them.

It is doubtful that 02 will ever consider a claim from the third party new owner, but Nokia might if the original reciept is shown - but it would not be obligated to consider any claim.

If this is just a nomal second hand phone sale, then the buyer must assume all the risk for future repairs

3. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi All,

I've just spoken to Nokia about the warranty situation. Basically if there is an original proof of purchase, then they will honour the 12months manufacturer guarantee. If this was just a normal 2nd hand phone sale, then only a 30day guarantee would apply.

Thanks everybody for looking.

Cheers

Joust