New Philips xxPFS6909 ultra slim LED TV range - members thoughts???

Silverblack

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was on John Lewis' website when i came across this new model, spec wise it seems to tick all the boxes. Okay it's not ultra hd but it's not a big issue the overall look of the tv looks very nice.

If they get the 55" I might pick one of these up. Going buy the size on the 48" model I'm going to take a punt and say that it's probably not using an lg panel.

Looking forward to hearing other members input and views on this model.

Buy Philips 48PFS6909 Ultra-Slim LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 48” with Freeview HD, Ambilight and 2x 3D Glasses | John Lewis

Buy the Philips Ultra-Slim Smart Full HD LED TV 48PFS6909/12

I've had one of these for a short time, after being very pleased with my previous TV Philips 47PFL7404, when it devloped a fault I got one of thes. In short it is not a £700 TV, you will feel a bit disappointed with the general quality of it, at under £500 it might be a reasonable buy (it's normally on ebay at this price). The menu is really faffy, even the remote is very light and plasticky.

The sound quality isn't very good, and the picture is not vibrant like my [admittedly top end] Samsung 48HU7500 I have now is. Having said that you would probably find similar picture quality as the hu7500 for most normal day today stuff from the Samsung 48h6400, which is considerably cheaper than the Philips. Factor in the Philips clunky smart vs the superior SAMSUNG smart and it's the clear the Samsung is a much better buy. Or look at the Sony 50w829.

Some of the top-end Philips stuff (7/8/9 series) is very good but not marketed in the UK.

I also had the 7404 aswell that was a good tv but had a fault, I appreicate your input as i have been considering this model but i think i will give it a miss.

Seems to get a favourable review, I think like most things, seeing a TV in isolation it can be impressive but I had a split feed next to a 48HU7500 and the latter was much better in all areas, particularly bluray quality which was sooo much better on the Samsung.

As I said at £500 or under maybe it would be a good buy, but everything is just not quite as good as some other TVs, like the obstructive menu interface, sound, felt a bit cheap in most areas, smartTV aspect is limited.

Just ordered the 55" version.

Anyone care to share their setting?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom