New Philips TV makes high pitch noise

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by RobertUKTV, Sep 5, 2005.

1. RobertUKTV

RobertUKTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new Philips widescreen TV (24PW6518), and it causes "listener fatigue" watching it for long periods of time because it makes a constant high pitch "tinnitus" like sound. I can't stand it, and have stopped using it. An engineer came and couldn't find any fault. I am now thinking of getting rid of it, because it causes discomfort to watch TV.

Can anyone please recommend a small widescreen TV (either 24 or 28 inch) that has decent sound, that won't make this high pitch "ringing in your ears" sound? (Am I right in thinking that LCD TVs are silent in this regard - maybe I ought to get one of these?)

Thanks, regards, Robert.

2. gario

gario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Robert, I have a 24PW6518 and have never had this problem that you describe, in fact picture & sound are both superb.

Sorry but it looks like you have got a faulty set.

Gary.

3. RobertUKTV

RobertUKTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,

If you sit right next to your 24PW6518 and press the mute on your remote, do you hear a very high pitch frequency buzz/whine/whistle type noise?

I agree, the picture is excellent, for the price. The sound is also good, but as I sit fairly close to my set, I am put off by this noise I've mentioned.

-Robert.

4. gario

gario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Robert,

All I get is absolute silence.

I have also got the Philips 32PW6408 as our main TV and that is the same,
    no high pitch frequency buzz/whine/whistle type noises that you mention.

Gary.