1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Philips Models?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by CarnalSins, Nov 8, 2004.

1. CarnalSins

CarnalSins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    yesterday a friend of mine told me that Philips are going to introduce new LCD models in the next 10-15 days. He got the information from the local Philips dealer. Unfortunately he wasn't able to tell him what the models will be.
    Anyone heard anything? Or maybe anyone can point me to a site that gives info on the next LCD models and their release dates?
    As I mentioned in another post I'm going to buy a 32" LCD and I'm almost ready to order the Philips 32PF9986 (although it's a bit out of my budget) since I can't find another set with so many good reviews and DVI (HDMI) connection...

2. paul812uk

paul812uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CarnalSins,

I know what you mean. The 32PF9986 does very well in the reviews with its pixel plus 2 processing but costs £2000 online. Lack of component concerns me plus and the thread on this forum of the people who have issues with component through DVI is very long. Still I'm tempted.

I'm also considering the sharp 32GA4E but am concerned about PQ on freeview, anyone have experience of this?

The sharp has DVI and can now be had for under £1300 and thats £700 cheaper for what I believe is basically the same screen but without the pixel plus 2 processing and the ambilight. However I think an iScan HD+ can be had for about £800 which I'm sure will make up for not having pixel plus 2 (maybe better). Also perhaps I'll decide I don't need the iScan when I see PQ of the set and will have saved £700?

What do other people think of this option?

A new 32" philips models will mean a price reduction on the 9986, I might wait a little but the wife is sick of me going on about LCD TVs so time is running out!

3. Digitised

Digitised

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    as an owner of this particular TV, i cant recommend it more.

Ambilight and pixel plus 2 just needs to be seen to be believed, infact im not buying any TV again unless it has ambilight, i think its amazing.
    Your safe with this TV, even if philips have new models, they will be riduculously expensive and hard to find stock of.
    Let alone a proffesional trustworthy review.