1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Philips LCOS RPTV model (55PL9873)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by f1ng3rs, Sep 22, 2003.

1. f1ng3rs

f1ng3rs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, couldn't find anything matching this exactly but releated to the other RPTV threads knocking around at the moment so mods please feel free to move.

AnyhootThe above TV is a new (to europe) 55" tv that I've clocked on the net for about £2250 (check link http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/Pages/default.asp?RecordID=BCEAH&CompanyID=880)

For a rear pro, it's not bad looking and not a behemoth of a unit, considering the size of the screen. Think there may be a 44" model on the horizon as well. It's an LCOS model but details of tech specs are sketchy.

Just wondering if anyone has one or has seen one in action as I'm after or will soon be after a viable big screen alternative to a plasma that I could also plug a PC into and this looks like it may fit the bill

Any one got any info or hands on experience of this set? Or any suggested alternatives that don't take up masses of (vertical) room?

Thanks

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I saw one of these at CeBit in Hannover earlier this year and it certainly was very impressive. I'd still be wary of buying without a proper demo however.

p.s. Welcome to the forums :hiya: