New Philips 32PW9509 at Comet

bazzae123

Established Member
Reaction score
The new Philips 32PW9509 is now available at comet's web site priced at £1100.

Just paid for another month on me rented set so I'll have to wait.

Bazza:D

I know you've been waiting for this set for ages Bazza. When you get it please let us know your views on the new Pixel Plus 2.

You always manage to come up with the latest information ages before I ever see it. I usually read your posts as there is normally something of interest in them.

Philips is my favourite brand since I received my 1.5 P+ Pw9618. I was fortunate to receive a good one. Fingers crossed for you too once your rental is over and you buy your new television.

Hi Cynthia 7,

Well, I tried to order it from Comet yesterday on line but I got an automated response back to say that my order had been passed over to the administration department for review. Obviously this is because I kept returning all the other models I tried. unfortunately I cant see it advertised any where else apart from here http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Philips_32PW9509_32PW9509_32PW9509.html

and I'm not sure about ordering from them. I could go to a comet store and order from there but then I wouldn't have the option of returning it if I wasn't happy and that's one of my main criteria's.

I may phone comet myself and explain that the possibility of me keeping this new set is very high as I know what the Philips is like and hopefully things have only got better with regards to the previous model.
I was pleased to read that your getting on well with your new set. I hope things are still OK.
I'll let you know what happens about Comet. I'm going to phone them now.

Bazza

Hi there bazzae,

In holland the set is 4 sale for 1160 euro's. So I think it is very overpriced in the UK.

I am also planning to buy this set, but I hav'nt seen it in a real shop, only on the internet. I want to take a look at it first.

Hope there is some magazine reviewing it soon.

grtz Vivaatloni

Hi vivaatloni,

Every thing is over priced in the UK.

hey, bazza. if comet don't want your buissnes then screw them. a thousand pound is a lot of money for a tv and you have every right to send a tv back if it doesn't meet your requirements. don't let them bully you into promising you'll keep a tv when you're not happy with it.

fight the power, man :D

Hi weyland-yutani,

Thanks M8. That's the last thing I'm going to do. I managed to get six different TV's from them using two different card numbers so maybe that's why my last request has been passed on to somebody else to look over. I was quite interested to see the price from "Cheapelectricals.co.uk" but I wasn't sure about using them. The nice thing about Comet was the ease of returning goods at no cost and the fact there is a store down the road if I wanted to kick up a fuss.

effinjamie,

Funny you said that. It was my thoughts as well. I did email them about delivery and this was the response i had back.

Tank you for your enquiry

We do not have stock and irt will be at least 10 days for delivery
Many thanks

Bazza;)

I e-mailed Philips regarding the 9509 and also if there was going to be an updated model of the 9618 with P+2 (cause I wan't dolby digital) and this was there reply:

With regards to your query we can advise that none of the new models of TV, scheduled for release this year, do not have Dolby Digital sound.

I'm still trying to figure out if he means they will or not lol.

Just to let you know the Comet van turned up this morning without any prior warning and delivered the new 32" Philips. I'll have a play with it over the weekend and let you know but I'll say that things are not all rosy. I've had to phone Philips already regarding a major issue regarding the amount of RGB sockets specified and the actual amount available for use. I'm waiting for a reply from them but going on my experiments it doesn't look good. Picture wise its a improvement over the 32pw9528 (P+1) but I still need to play around.

Bazza

Very cool bazzae,

Can you tell me if the set has PIP?

How many scarts are on the TV? And how many do you think are RGB. The prospect says 3 scarts with 2 of them rgb.

But picturewise there is an improvement! That's very good news.
Can you also take some pictures of the set.

Is there also a black bar problem with the set?

What tube is in the , the panny or the powertube?

A lot of questions :), But I am planning of buying this set within 3 weeks. So I am curious!

Hi vivaatloni,

Just a quick reply.

NO PIP only dual Text. Big bummer as I didn't pick this up in the spec I just assumed it had PIP

Pany tube

No Black bars

3 Scarts. Either one is faulty, or the set only has ONE. The strange thing is I can't get my Panasonic SKY box to run at all on EXT3 in either RGB or comp. My other bits of kit will only run on composite on EXT3 but like I said no Panasonic SKY box.

As for the picture, its better than P+1 but I need to look at all the other issues as well to see if its worth the extra money over the 32PW9528

Bazza

hey bazz, what was the guff about them sending your order to admin, did you find out?

No, I had a email to say they would let me know if the order had been excepted but I didn't hear from them again. The next thing I know was the Comet van pulling up at my home this morning. Just as well I was at home.

So that's number 7 TV from Comet.

Hi Bazae,

Do you have more impressions after the first day?

grtz a curious VivaAtloni

Also, very interested in your opinions on the first P+2 set!

Yeah be good to know,i also been waiting for this
Tv and will likely get it within the month

As for the scart issue, it does say in one of the manuals
that scart 1 & 2 are rgb but 3 aint which probably why
yer sky box didnt like it.

Might be wrong though.

bazzae123 - Is this one going back?
Be TV no 8 won't it?

I've sent two Thomson 32WB643s 's back - each one had the same fault.

Not sure wot my 3rd tv will be.
LG Lafinion maybe?

Gort M8,

Yes this one is going back but I'll be asking for a replacement. The reason for this is as follows. Philips has given me a definite answer to the question of how many RGB scarts it should have and the answer is "2". I can only get "1". The second this is the black bar issue might be a bit better on the new unit and third the set sometimes powers up with a black/white picture on all sources so you have to turn it off and start again. Apart from that the picture has settled down and I managed to get a set of setting that work well together. Oh, one other thing, somebody asked me today about the centre speaker. Apparently it hasn't got one, just a grill. Funny how you take some things for granted these days.

Bazzae,

I did a full demo of this tv today at the comet store
and i was amazed by picture,truly stunning and the
actual tv is gorgeous,i think it looks better then any other
crt's including panny or toshy pf2's.

It looked great on the sky feed and certainly v good
on dvd.I had previously decided to go for a panny idtv
but now i getting this.I never checked the 2 rgb think in the store
so might go over w/e and double check as i need 2 for sure.

Hi, where are you peeps seeing details on this set. I can't see it on the Philips website.

Regards

Bazzae123
I have been following your tv exploits with interest.
I have just received my 9509, and I too am having problems with the av scart inputs. Av1 takes RGB and composite ok, Av2 takes s-video (Y/C) and composite ok, but Av3 will only diplay composite correctly. The screen picture goes very blue (blue picture not blank screen blue) with an RGB input, the TV obviously recognises that it is getting an RGB signal as the on screen info pane tells me it is.
The picture on the set is stunning, and is the best I could find after several weeks of stumbling around the electrical retailers.
One minor iritation my son has noticed this evening concerns the light sensor. With a dimly lit room, it couldnt quite make up its mind how bright to adjust the tv, one min bright next dim (not that bad but enough to originally make me think that something was going wrong). I expect that I should be able to disable the sensor if it persists.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom