• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Philips 2007 LCD Range?

AndyL_14

Standard Member
It seems we have seen quite a lot from Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic anything new for Philips? Want to make sure I'm not missing out when it comes to new model line ups. Anyone seen or heard anything - Philips website - customer service have so far not been able to assist.:lease:

Inexorable10

Standard Member
If you look at the lists on the left of the page, there is a list called 'Les Produits Annoncés' (The announced products). There are some Phillips LCDs there. Will investigate further.
EDIT: If you go down to number 74 on that list there is (on paper) an great set. Expected June 2007 with an estimated price of 2300 euros is a 42'' Full HD set with LED technology AND 100Hz motion tech. Could be one look out for.

IanSimmons

Established Member
Wow - I was impressed with the 37PF9731D/10 and 42PF9731D/10 but was put off by lack of support for 1080p sources. Is this June availability for the US only?

Edit: this appears to be the same set (42PFL9832D) quoted in the French site above. So it must be on the horizon. Now I wonder if I can convince her to go for a 42" instead of 37"...

bollopox

Established Member
The 100htz LCD's from Philips are what I am holding out for. I mean there's no point in going from a 100htz CRT to a 60htz LCD is there. Thats a step backwards in my eyes!:D

PHILIPS 42PFL9832D
Damn just had another look at that on the French site as well. Thats definetly the one that I'm gonna be waiting for!

Kuni D

Established Member
While these sets do sound amazing, I'm reading conflicting reports.

Do these new screens have an LED Backlight or LED Ambilight with a normal backlight for the screen?

If indeed they do have LED backlight & LED ambilight, sign me up :)

D

Drizzt33007

I wonder if this new philips will be able to show 1920x1080 in informatic mode for htpc, the models that they have now only are able 1024x768

Smith2004

Prominent Member
I'm holding out for the 47PFL9732D myself- but if it can't take 1080p then I'm looking elsewhere. I e-mailed Philips earlier in the year and they said that some of their new sets would be able to handle 1080p but they had no specific details as to actual models etc. I currently have a 37PF9830 and I'm impressed with the amount of detail it is able to extract from decent SD sources, however I would like 1080p for the my PS3 etc. I hope the 47PFL9732D can deliver!

D

Drizzt33007

I'm holding out for the 47PFL9732D myself- but if it can't take 1080p then I'm looking elsewhere. I e-mailed Philips earlier in the year and they said that some of their new sets would be able to handle 1080p but they had no specific details as to actual models etc. I currently have a 37PF9830 and I'm impressed with the amount of detail it is able to extract from decent SD sources, however I would like 1080p for the my PS3 etc. I hope the 47PFL9732D can deliver!

In the press release they say 1080p, i think that there will be no problem with ps3, maybe yes with pc for htpc

bollopox

Established Member
So the original release date for the 42PFL9832D of April has been put back then? The link I posted earlier says April. Anyone emailed Philips about the release dates?

So the original release date for the 42PFL9832D of April has been put back then? The link I posted earlier says April. Anyone emailed Philips about the release dates?

Not sure if this has any relevance to Europe; but a Philips rep mentioned in a US forum that the 9832D is now no longer going to be released there. I just hope that it makes it here.

Smith2004

Prominent Member
Has anything been officially announced for Europe? The French site mentioned in an earlier post appears to be taking its info from a US press release. The latest 'What Hi-Fi' was a short article on the new Philips sets in their news section, but neither the 42PFL9832D nor the 47PFL9732D are mentioned. Does anyone know anything definite about the European models?

azza21

Established Member
The Philips "42PFL9832D" set looks really interesting if it does have a LED back light tech i will be extremely interested.
If true Philips will be the first manufacturer to have introduced the new LED technology in their new screens and be retail (release) it to the public, beating all the rest. Samsung have been talking up their LED screen for months but they won't be out for months (September+). If the new philips range is LED driven then they have played it really coy, kept really quiet on these new screens, which is a clever move stay quiet then just beat everyone to the market with this highly anticipated screen technology. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if this is the scenario innovative Philips play out and if they do then they could be onto a real winner with this new range, months ahead of the rest gives them a chance to gain back some of LCD market. Lets face it alot of people want a LED back lit screen.

X

XProcrastinator

I wish Philips would update their announcements for the 42" 9832d and 37" 9732d.

More info please Philips e.g. Release Date and Price...

King Louis

Established Member
They are renowned for being a bit crap at that I'm afraid.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom