1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New person and advice regarding 26" HDTV ready LCD's

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by si@Srbpower.com, Jul 13, 2005.

1. si@Srbpower.com

si@Srbpower.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello guys and gals :hiya:

Looking for some friendly advice regarding LCD's as I know nothing :thumbsup: and I heard loads about this HDTV :eek: but its kind of gone a bit over me.

I'm really after a 26" LCD TV and have been looking at these 2.

http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk/Acer_AL2671W_26_Inch_Widescreen_TFT_Screen_EV.M0107.009/version.asp

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=92051

Will these be ok with HDTV are most importanly are they any good. Looking at spending around 500-600'ish on one as I spent most of my cash doing my car :rolleyes:

Any advice would be great, many thanks
    Si :)

2. slowpoke

slowpoke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I looked at the hyandai as well but according to someone on here it is not really HD ready as it does not have any HDMI or DVI inputs
    I think I will go for the samsungLE26R41B which has had some decent reviews on here

3. si@Srbpower.com

si@Srbpower.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate, so thats the hyandai off the list. The samsung you mentioned looks quite nice :smashin: Just had a quick look on the web, seams to get good reviews and its in my price range :smashin:

Is it really worth going for a LCD with HDTV?

Si :)

4. igauk

igauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well, if you want to watch HD broadcasts (HD Sky and DVD are imminent) then yes! Whether there will be free to air HD broadcasts within the lifetime of your TV is anyone's guess. If you don't want to pay whatever the Sky premium will be or invest in a HD DVD player then its perhaps a moot point, but HD ready LCDs tend to be newer, better specced models anyway, even if you never use the HD capability.