1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PC with sweetspot woes

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MikeKay1976, Apr 14, 2005.

1. MikeKay1976

Feb 1, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

i was wondering, i have just upgraded my media centre PC with my old games PC, however i am finding that i seem to be getting interference on the component inputs of my sweetspot card.

the interference looks almost like its raining. its very faint but still destroys the picture quality.

svideo is fine, as is VGA but since i have spent an fair sum of cash getting an rgb - componet converter & plan to spend more on component cables i want to get it working.

my prime suspect at the monent is whether my dlink g wrless networking card is interfering with it & if this is the case what can i do?.

anyone any thoughts.

i havent installed the sweetspot drivers yet to test that, as descaler claaims to run the card itsself, but was hoping to get advice on here before ripping the pooter apart.
    my current component cable is very very poor, however, this interference was not visable when using my old PC & the same cable.

(its an msi nforce 2 m/b with onboard geforce mx graphics & 1GB of ddr dual channel ram with the wireless network card).