new pc time ?

JollyJamma

Yeah, that's a solid build right there.

I was going to suggest getting the RM650 PSU as 750 watts is complete overkill for even a midrange to upper mid range build, but the RM650 was only £3 cheaper.

I might say go for the Phanteks P400a as it's a very good budget chassis for the price but you can't really go wrong with the suggestions from the Overclockers.co.uk community.

shaynemawer

So think am just about finally settled now on the build. After much thinking and reading decided to get a build with a gpu. So I've gone for the following.

Msi B550m Pro
Rtx 3060ti
Amd Ryzen 5600x
Crucial ballistic 16gb ddr3 3600mhz
Crucial p2 1Tb ssd
Corsair rm series rm750 80 plus gold power supply
Aerocool aero one mini micro-atx case

Just a waiting game now to be able to pick up the gpu.

JollyJamma

Edit: Not sure about the specs of these entry level motherboards. I'm not sure any of them will cope with a 5600X. They should, I just don't know how hot the VRMs are going to get.

I would say that they would work, I'd just make sure that you have a lot of airflow over the VRMs.

shaynemawer

Edit: Not sure about the specs of these entry level motherboards. I'm not sure any of them will cope with a 5600X. They should, I just don't know how hot the VRMs are going to get.

I would say that they would work, I'd just make sure that you have a lot of airflow over the VRMs.
Would the 550b tomahawk be a better choice ?

JollyJamma

Would the 550b tomahawk be a better choice ?
Go for the B550 mortar Bazooka or get a second hand board off this site.

You don’t need X570 by the way (In case someone suggests it)

Edit: Fe man posted a nice video which you should pay attention to. Corrected my post.

Realistically, you don' need an amazing VRM. Just one that'll work for what you need with a motherboard that has a decent rear I/O.

Some motherboards will run very cool but have shockingly bad expansion ports like 4 USB ports and 1gig LAN.

Last edited:
Nah there very similar VRM tempwise (meaning the Pro and the Tomahawk)- the bazooka was the lowest in this test.

And no problems with a 65Watt CPU like the 5600x I would have thought. I have a 3600 in the ASrock B550m Pro4 which is hotter when compared and its no problem at all.

1632744441599.png

Yeah I went for the ASrock because it had 2 NVMe slots and a USB C on the back I wanted for VR - didn't completely need that in the end but thought it would be handy. Also it was a good price

One thing I didnt notice is that while 2 x8 GB RAM Dims run at 3200 if you have 4 sticks of RAM the speed is limited to 2933 so that's worth checking in the manual before you buy if you are thinking to ever add 2 more in future as some others dont have this issue. Its not a massive deal to be honest but kind of annoyed me when I found out.

razy60

Don't forget the CPU cooler I know the CPU normally comes with the wraith cooler but it might pay to look at something better providing it fits in your case.

JollyJamma

Don't forget the CPU cooler I know the CPU normally comes with the wraith cooler but it might pay to look at something better providing it fits in your case.
I mean, sure. An aftermarket cooler is better, I just think that the stock cooler will work for your situation.

I would use the stock cooler for a while and keep an eye on temps using HWmonitor. If temps are getting a little too high during gaming, you could get a cheap but effective cooler.

I've got one that's really good value for money, just can't remember the name of it and there's no name on the actual cooler when I look.

JollyJamma

So think am just about finally settled now on the build. After much thinking and reading decided to get a build with a gpu. So I've gone for the following.

Msi B550m Pro
Rtx 3060ti
Amd Ryzen 5600x
Crucial ballistic 16gb ddr3 3600mhz
Crucial p2 1Tb ssd
Corsair rm series rm750 80 plus gold power supply
Aerocool aero one mini micro-atx case

Just a waiting game now to be able to pick up the gpu.

In stock for a silly price but still, in stock.

shaynemawer

In stock for a silly price but still, in stock.

Thank you, prob will wait for a main drop and hopefully pick one up at a reasonable price. Am luckily in a situation where theres no rush.

Got onto the telegram group, so will wait a few weeks to see if something becomes available.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom