New Pc Needed. Please let me know if any good.

Jed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi peoples.
I am sure there is someone out there that loves this kind of stuff but i have fell way behind in PC building and the configurators look great. I have configured the PC below.
Well it's that time again. I feel my desktop is just about hanging in there but need a fresh start after all the upgrades.
At present it's just a AMD Ahtlon II with 6 gig and multiple hard drives and a xfx7900 (I think) GPU.
I play very little games but would like to be able to dabble on some like Call of dutys or whatever they are called.
I do a lot of surfing, music and movies. I do like the look of the Mobo for the sound chip.

I am not out to get a all singing all dancing system just a solid platform. I do have a blu ray player to add into from old PC

So basically is the Motherboard APU and memory good enough for me.

Optical Drive #1 :
1 x Samsung 24x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black - (SATA)
Free Gift : 1 x FREE - Bluetooth USB Dongle - 150 M
Power Cable : 1 x 1 x 1.8 Metre UK Mains Power Cable
Motherboard : 1 x Asus CROSSBLADE RANGER (AMD A88) - VGA/DVI/HDMI/2xUSB2/4xUSB3
CPU : 1 x AMD A6 6400K Black Edition X2 (2 x 3.9 GHz)
Computer Case : 1 x Cooler Master Force 500
Extra Case Fans : 1 x Standard Fans Included With Case
Hard Drive #1 : 1 x 500 GB Seagate SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 16MB
CPU Compound : 1 x Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink
Operating System : 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included) - FREE Windows 10 Upgrade
CPU Heatsink : 1 x AMD Heatsink & Fan
Power Supply : 1 x 450W PSU
Wired Networking : 1 x Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Sound Card : 1 x Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Graphics Card : 1 x None or Motherboard Integrated Graphics
Memory : 1 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz (1x8GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)

The above is built and delivered for £403. Top whack i want to spend is £450.

If all you want it for is the sound you'll likely get better results with a £60 cheaper motherboard and a £60 sound card.

AMD's single module chips are very slow and it's likely to be barely any faster than your Athlon II, it could well be slower if yours is an X3/X4. If your system is lacking in CPU performance then that won't be a sufficient improvement, and the lack of SSD means it's not going to feel as snappy as it could do for day to day performance.

Swap the A6 for one of Intel's Haswell chips (Celeron G, Pentium G), the hard drive for an SSD and the motherboard for a cheaper motherboard (£40-50) and a sound card.

I'd go for something like this for £450:
Intel Pentium G3250, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750, Zalman ZM-T3 - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Although if you want it fully assembled you'll have to cut back in one or two areas to keep it under £450. Drop the optical drive and use your existing one, swap the sound card for a slightly cheaper one.

If all you want it for is the sound you'll likely get better results with a £60 cheaper motherboard and a £60 sound card.

AMD's single module chips are very slow and it's likely to be barely any faster than your Athlon II, it could well be slower if yours is an X3/X4. If your system is lacking in CPU performance then that won't be a sufficient improvement, and the lack of SSD means it's not going to feel as snappy as it could do for day to day performance.

Swap the A6 for one of Intel's Haswell chips (Celeron G, Pentium G), the hard drive for an SSD and the motherboard for a cheaper motherboard (£40-50) and a sound card.

I'd go for something like this for £450:
Intel Pentium G3250, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750, Zalman ZM-T3 - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Although if you want it fully assembled you'll have to cut back in one or two areas to keep it under £450. Drop the optical drive and use your existing one, swap the sound card for a slightly cheaper one.
Thanks for your feedback bud.
Looking into that.

However as mentioned in post i would like to try out some games. It's battlefields i want to try not call of duty.
Cheers
Jed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom