new PAYG sim for android phone, mostly texts/data

MoFoHo

Hi all wise ones, may I ask some advice?

After really enjoying my Sony Tablet S android for nearly a year, Im pretty much hooked on its usefulness. So I'm buying an android phone. The Samsung Y Duos to be exact. This will be my 2nd dual sim phone, so Im pretty much sold on their usefulness too!

Now, onto the sim. My works sim is a BT sim. My current private sim is an Orange PAYG, I top up £7.50 (just gone up from £5!) and get unlimited texts for that month. Thats all. :-(
I wouldn't mind making use of androids data capabilities when Im away from a wifi network from time to time. So what would be a good sim?

Are Giffgaff any good? Suitable for an android phone?
Any suggestions good people?

Dodgy_Geezer

Giff Gaff use the O2 network and are generally very good as long as you have good O2 coverage. The have a £10 goodbag deal offering 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited Internet. If you do decide to go with GiffGaff get a referral from someone so you both benefit with extra free goodies.

If you want something cheaper, Orange have a Dolphin SIM on a 12 month contract for £7.50 offering 150 mins, 500 texts and 250MB data which is enough for casual browsing (unlikely once you get an Android phone!)

For more data 3 will give you 1GB data with no extras on a 1 month rolling sim for £7.50 per month.

Talk Mobile SIMple is 8 quid a month and will give you 200 mins, 500 texts and 500MB data on a 1 month rolling SIM or you can go a 6 month deal with gives 300 mins and 1,000 texts plus 500MB data.

If you're near a T-Mobile or Teso Mobile shop, worth visiting them too as they often have SIM only specials of the day offering mins, texts and data for under a tenner on a 12 month contract. My local T-Mobile had something for 7 quid the other day.

Hope this helps :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom