1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny's PSI & PS12

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tobydog, May 28, 2003.

1. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Can any owners give a review on these, I see Robertsons have reduced them to £395 and £499 respectively.

I did ask about them awhile ago, in relation to the PL1, do they suffer from the bendy verticles at the sides of the screen on tall structures, studio sets etc,eg the "Countdown" set has full height verticle stripes in the background, on the PL1, the top of the ones at the sides of the screen curved in toward the centre of the screen, and the in 4.3 the black bars were wavy and wobbly!

I am more than likely going to get a seperate cinema surround system,so not too bothered with the sound.

If the picture quality is as good as the PL1 without the bendy/curvy lines I shall go for one.

I live in the Medway, Kent area, anyone know of a stockist?

Thanks for any info.

2. Fe+

Fe+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought the ps12 have a look here

3. Donnie

Donnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi FE+ are you still happy with your set thinking of buying one is it ok for watching football on?

4. Fe+

Fe+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    wouldn't say it was the best for footie - but then again is a 100hz set good for footie ?!!??!

watched the milan juve final and was ok, but the trails on the footies were there although minimal...

am a man city fan so don't watch much decent footie:rolleyes: :D

5. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fe+.

I'm a bit confused ref the size of the stand, the pictures show it to be the same width as the TV, but on the Panny site it give the TV width as 807 and the stand as 737, can you confirm what;s what? Thanks.

6. Fe+

Fe+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    the stand is the same width and looks exactly like the one on the pana site.

fe+ :)