1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny TH-37PE50 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by libby71, Oct 12, 2005.

1. libby71

libby71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have been reading the reviews for the Panasonic TH-PE50 on here and decided to buy one.It is arriving tommorrow, i was wondering if someone could give me some advice as what to do when i am setting the plasma up.I have read a lot of different things about setting colour,contrast and different things like that,and anything else i might need to know,Many thanks in advance.

2. billym

billym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my TH42PE50CAB yesterday - following the advice on these forums I have changed from dynamic to cinema mode and put the contrast and brightness down to 40%. I'll keep it like that for the first 200 hours however the picture still looks absolutely fantastic and that's with a standard scart, I'll get a component connection when my Denon Home Cinema kit arrives.

One thing to look out for, when I switched the set on and it went into channel download mode it detected a software update which took about 15 minutes although I think you could have cancelled that and done it later.

Enjoy! :smashin:

3. libby71

libby71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,thanks for the advice,may i ask what a componant connection is and will i need one.I have sky and am getting a dvd recorder with the plasma.will i be able to connect them tomorrow into the back of the plasma(my sky runs on a scart cable).

4. billym

billym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't actually need the component connection, you can connect both the DVD recorder and Sky box through scarts (there are three scart connectors on the set).

The component connection will provide a better picture (you would also need audio connectors following that method) however the picture I am getting already is absolutely fantastic via scart using the Panasonic DMRES20 DVD recorder which came with my set. :thumbsup:

5. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ooh, excitement, yet more TH-PE50 buyers :) I can't wait to join the club.

Libby, what screen size are you getting? Where from? And how much did it cost? Be sure to let us know how you get on tomorrow :)

6. libby71

libby71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,the screen size i am getting is 37".I am getting it from Lets Go Digital ,and it costs £1109.That includes a wall bracket and a dvd recorder. :)

7. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ive got the 37 inch model, best panel ive seen, coping with motion blur etc.
    also great on freeview, brilliant pic.
    i use cinema mode, and click the sharpness from nothing to just 2 clicks.
    and picture mode on cool.

8. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    And as ever, buy a couple of decent cables (around £20 each) which will make it as good as it can be...

9. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's the same deal I'm going for, except I'll probably get the cabinet stand instead of the wall bracket. Lets Go Digital appear to be by far the cheapest for the Panasonic PE50.

10. bazlion

bazlion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don't know about LGD being the cheapest, but what I do like is their very clear LARGE PRINT small print, ie terms and conditions eg 30 day returns/refund clause etc, I e.mailed them a few weeks ago with a query and had a reply back the same day, very helpfull. When I buy it will be from them :thumbsup: