New Panny plasma range announced

P

PhillipStanton

I'm on Panasonic's email list and have just received something announcing their new plasma lineup .

Probably indicates that new screens in stores are imminent.

P

PhillipStanton

None sorry. Just something they sent out on their mailing list.

Member 6435

Phillip

You are right that new panasonic plasmas are being released. Our Sales Director was at the Panasonic product launch at the beginning of the week where the following models were unveiled - TH-37PE30B, TH-42PE30B and TH-50PV30 to replace the PA20 series.

A few of the main differences to the current models are the inclusion of an integral freeview and analogue tuner, integral speakers housed within the polished black bezel either side of the screen (the sub is located at the the bottom of the screen at the rear). Includes SD/PC card playback for solid state video and digital stills cameras. Can be wall mounted or supplied with an attractive desk top or floor mounted stand which includes cable management.

No mention was made about the 7 series although when pressed they did indicate that they may not be launched until the back end of the year (probably around September time).

Regards

Alastair

Attachments

Matravers

Standard Member
Phillipstanton,

a strange and unrelated question, but, you are not a physics teacher per chance are you?????

Contar

Standard Member
Alastair, do you have the technical details of the screen?
No hdmi but what else?
Just got the e-mail as well.

kurtz

This new panel driver sounds intriguing.. I wonder if it relates to the LCD screens or the plasmas?

P

PhillipStanton

Matravers - re the physics teacher question. Err, no :confused:

Is this some wierd physics teacher / lab assistant come on ?!? :eek:

Member 6435

Hi all

To answer some of the questions raised.

Miki_4000 - we have been told that it is not using the 7 series glass.

Contar - we are trying to get further technical information

Pinnocchio - not sure which size is shown on the pic I posted as it was scanned from the front cover of a piece of Panasonic literature - however the styling is the same for the three sizes.

Regards

Alastair

P

pinnocchio

Tnks

I've seperately posted an information request for the TH-50PV30 looking for specific info...

P

M

McFly

Have a look at
http://www.panasonic.de/presse/(jle...46a2-bf03-4b47-a872-68ba057dda85&refer=recent

This is the german press release conerning the new VIERA models. They will be shown at the CEBIT exhibition in Hannover/Germany from March,18th to 24th. I will go there and have a look at all new displays around. I need a replacement for my Pioneer PDP503HDE which completely broke down after just 27 months (I would consider twice before getting a Pioneer again...)
The strange thing is that the corresponding US-models will have HDMI... quite stupid Panasonic behavior.
Have a look at the press release anyway:
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/pressroom/cont2.asp?Filter=12&cont_id=590

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom