1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny owner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dozer, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Dozer

Dozer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having lurked in the background on this forum for a while I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and buy a plasma tv.

I went for the Panasonic TH42PE50B, partly because of the reviews, partly because of the looks but mostly because it had everything I needed.

I’ve installed this over a fireplace with an RS100 bracket that was a perfect fit.

It’s mated to a Sharp DV-NC70H vcr/dvd combination - not the best I know but it suits our purposes - which unfortunately doesn’t have component output so RGB scart will have to do.

Sound is through a Dolby pro-logic stereo set-up, again not the best sufficient for now.

As per the forum comments I immediately took it out of dynamic mode and reduced the brightness/contrast to 40% and banned the kids from watching Cbeebies, (although I have read that screen burn should not be a problem with this model and using zoom 3 gets rid of the logo), and am patiently awaiting the first 200 hours of viewing to set it up properly.

So far everything is excellent, more than impressed with the picture quality and not had any of the issues some other posters have reported – sound synch, picture trails etc. though if anyone can offer any other set-up tips I’m more than willing to try them.

Just wanted to post this to thank everyone who offers their opinion and knowledge to enable people like me to make (semi) informed decisions.

:D :D :D :D

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    Great post, delighted you are happy with your purchase.

Why not post some pictures when you get a chance, its nice to see these screens in the 'real world' :)

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one Dozer....you are doing everything spot on, cant think of anything else myself you could do...RGB gives a brilliant picture imho