1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny Owner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ian.webb, Jan 26, 2005.

1. ian.webb

ian.webb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m just about to purchase a 37" Viera, but what I haven’t decided yet is which type of stand to use.

The desk-top stand is my preferred choice but I’m having trouble finding a suitable cabinet to place it on. I’m after something in light oak of contemporary design. Failing that I’m also considering a wall bracket with a swing arm.

I dislike the large stand because I feel it makes to much of a statement given my décor. Moreover, it stands to tall and is a bit over powering for the room in question.

Therefore, my questions are can anyone recommend either a suitable wall bracket or cabinet?

I have also post this question in the AV Stands, cabinets, seating & furniture forum.

Ian

2. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489

Id buy the stand that its designed for, it looks the bomb, and if it doesnt match your decor redecorate, if it doesnt match your living room move house!

3. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have just had the 37" delivered on the free stand, it is tall.

We thought we would get the tv then look for suitable cabinet and then get stand but to be honest after looking at it in the room I doubt you would drop the hight by much.

I have measured up and if the cabinet was say 2 componenets tall, by the time you take the hight of the cabinet and the hight of the pedestal stand your only down by about 6" if that,

I have measured old JVC 28" TV on its stand and the Viera stands about 20cm taller, it looks alot more but it isnt.

The free stand also has the cable trays in the legs and at the back of the shelves. Its amazing how much you can get in here and it hides the cables very well. Its alot neater at the back than I could ever get the old set up

And the stand looks rather nice.

Tv is excelllent as well