1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny/JVC Plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GadgetObsessed, Feb 6, 2003.

1. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +517
    According to this month’s What Video magazine a new range of Panasonic plasmas will be released in the UK by the summer. These will have tuners built into the screen rather than requiring separate boxes. (Also sounds like they will have connectivity such as multiple scarts and component more like standard CRTs.) I have seen a picture of a new Panny in another mag that looks like a lot the new JVC (to come out in March with DIST resolution/colour enhancement technology) i.e. it has a built in floor stand with shelves much like a standard CRT.

Anybody have any idea of the specs of these new screens? e.g. Will Panny be sticking to WGA (852x480).

To me these screens are ideal as the wife has vetoed all separate stands that I have shown her (e.g. Triksom, Arca, etc) on aesthetic grounds.

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Pnasonic and JVC are following Sony's approach integrating the Tuner to make a more "viable" product for every home possible.
    I am not sure of the resolution. The current ones from Sony are 1024x1024 I think..

3. valongi

valongi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0