1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny ae100 Owner Needs Lamp Advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ferris57, Nov 24, 2003.

1. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just picked up a second hand ptae100 from the classifieds (I know about 2 years behind everyone else ;)). Well impressed and glad I finally took the plunge.

Been doing a bit of research here on the forums, but am still a bit unclear on a couple of points.

It has around 1400 hours on it (all in low lamp mode).

1. Does the bulb stop working at 2000 hours even when its been used in low lamp mode as it says it does in the manual when on high? or does it go over this figure when its been used in low lamp mode?

2. Either way, when do I ACTUALLY have replace the bulb? do I do it right away when it reaches 2000 hours or can I reset the lamp hours at 2000 and keep using it safely for a bit? since in the servive menu it shows the normal mode conversion time as a far lower figure.

3. Lastly, If I can reset the hours, how long is it SAFE to continue using it for?

Any help would be great guys :smashin:

Oh and lamps, seen pricejapan seems to be the cheapest. Anyone know how much they turn out to be delivered (i.e including duty and import tax ect?)

2. Scotty

Scotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Welcome to the Pani 100 fan club, I have had one for just over 12months and I still think its great.:hiya:

From what I remember the lamp is quoted as 2000 hrs in high power mode but could last up to 6000 hrs in low lamp mode.

When the PJ has reached its time limit it will switch itself into standby.

You don’t have to replace the bulb at the time out, but bulbs do explode if over run, could be costly.:suicide:

BTW you would need to add about 20% to the cost of your bulb for vat and import duty:(

Ian

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    your pj lamp is ok till it shows 5000 hours as long its used in low power mode, i am up to 2800 hours on my a100 and went past the 2000 mark no problem, i think when it gets to 5000 hours the pj will not switch on for safety reasons it will on switch on for a few secs then switches off telling you to replace the lamp, when the lamp is replaced there is an option to reset the clock and then start again

4. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cheers guys :smashin:
    Much appreciated.