1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New pannny panels & wire hiding

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tony 21, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Tony 21

Tony 21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a current CRT user i`m looking toward the upgrade to plasma later in the year.In reading through the forums i`ll be interested in the new panny panels when they come out, the current 7s look good so what will the next range have over the 7s in laymans terms please.
    When i do upgrade i would like to wall mount but wires in the wall will be a big No No (council flat & plasterboard).Are there any websites that show tubing or something along those lines to hide wires without it looking silly?
    Many thanks.

2. MokerJoker

MokerJoker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'd like some suggestions to that as well. I was looking for a display with external mediabox, but the choices are limited. And even then there are at least two cables running to the screen. Most new screens have internal tuners and connections. That means 7 or 8 cables that must be tucked away somehow.

3. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a pio435fde that has an external media box. The panel has 2 cables to it, one from the Media box and one power from AC supply. I had decorated before buying the plasma so didnt want to chase the wall. I bought some trunking from http://www.standsunique.com/ and run the 2 cables in that. Other people have bought the chrome tubing from B&Q (other DIY stores are available, lol) and put a peice either side of the display so it looks like a stand of sorts and run the cables in that. Although I wouldnt have a scooby doo how they got the ends of the cable through the tubing!

Have a look at the "get your plasma's out for the lads" thread for pics and other install info. (i have submitted pics there at sometime too)

Steve

4. docb

docb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am mounting my plasma on a "board" of black walnut, if you battened it out behind (maybe a couple if inch???) it would give you a cavity to run the cables, and it is decorative.

You could also put shelves into it for the rest of your Kit.

Hope this helps

Doc

5. Avi

Avi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,067
    Docb

Where are you getting the the Walnut board ?

6. Andy Christou

Andy Christou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just mounted my PW7 on my wall (plaster borad.
    Easy job guys dont worry about it.
    Had my doubts as it was a plaster board and not solid

Simply cut out where the bracket goes, reinforce with timber, screw the plaster that u cut off back in, and screw the bracket.

Then all you do is a hole under bracket behind panel and one at the bottom of the wall and drop in all the cables.

Once the panel goes back on you will not notice anything. holes are big enough to put 6-7 scart leads through