1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panasonic Viera LCDs....question

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MilesR, Mar 31, 2005.

1. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Further to jimsan's post (I think it was Jim!) - about the new viera LCDs...I saw this on HomeCinemaChoice's site:
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=7725

Now, on reading the doc I don't quite understand what the diff between the TX-32LXD500 and TX-32LXD50 ??

Anyone able to clarify?

Also - anyone know if they both have a DVB tuner built-in? (Like the feature of being able to record to an SD card in MPEG4 format :)

Cheers
    Miles

2. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK -just realised it might be the lack of HDMI input ;)
    I might be wrong though!

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I am surprised at how quick these are coming out so soon after the Sky anouncement.

Price of the 32in HD ready Panny is coming out @ £2100. I hope it comes down from that by half, as I'm sure they will.

:)

4. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I know, but I really can't wait...well I can but you know what I mean :)

5. tomleeeee

tomleeeee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only differences really is the LXD500 has the HDMI input and an SD card slot which alows you to record freeview TV in MPEG-4 format, presumably to stick into their new D-Snap range.

6. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which would be quite nice considering you can get a 1Gb SD card for about £50 now.
    With MPEG4 compression (obviously depending on the rates they would use) you could probably fit a nice amount of stuff on there - similar to a PVR really.