1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panasonic units announced at CES

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bossnas, Jan 27, 2005.

1. bossnas

bossnas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed on the US Panasonic website (panasonic.com) they have info on the new DVD recorder models that they announced recently at CES.

I was going to buy an E85 tomorrow but now that I've seen the spec of the upcoming DMR-E50HS -- 160GB HDD, DVD-RW and +R recording and some new sort of EPG (read about it in one of the UK home cinema mags, sorry can't remember the name) I think I'll wait for now (even if it's just for an E85 price drop).

Does anyone have any info on the DMR-E50HS or any of the other new models coming out?

Cheers
    Nas

2. rich_jtg

rich_jtg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The EPG will probably only work in the US. The US version of the E85 has one.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The EH50 will also probably only have 100GB or 120GB HDD and will be slightly more expensive than the E85 (initially at least). But all in all the EH50 does look a nice machine - it is due here in late April.

4. bossnas

bossnas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll hold out, at the very least for a price drop on the E85.

It doesn't cost you any money to wait :)

Cheers
    Nas

5. jpurkey

jpurkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd wait until others have bought them and report on whether there is improved quality on recording and whether the 500 line LP really looks good. I'm skeptical about it myself, especially for recording video with motion. Support of additional formats will be good, but l have not found lack of RW, +R to be a problem. It will probably help Panasonic though as some people want a DVD recorder that supports multiple formats, even if they don't really need one.