1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panasonic TX28PS1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by pstables, Dec 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. pstables

pstables

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After a somewhat painful experience with a Philips 32PW9527 over the last 12 months...
    quick summary: Bought TV Nov 2002, TV Broke in July 2003, went to Endeva for repair, came back August still broken, went back to Endeva, Endeva waited for parts from Philips then went bust. Agreed to supply new TV, receivers told them not to, Philips agreed full refund (November 2003).

In the meantime I bought a projector so an all singing, all dancing TV wasn't required (hence the Panasonic).

Got it yesterday (after reading about problems on the forum but decided to take my chances) and I have a number of issues..

1) DVD Player connected to RGB Scart. When a non widescreen signal is received by the TV (no disk or 4:3 disk) the TV switches between WIDE and Auto Format repeatedly as if it can;t make it's mind up

2) Interference from centre speaker. Same centre speaker (Quad L centre) has been used on various TV's with no problems but is affecting the picture on this tv (tried various positions)

3) At the edges of the screen the image is not very sharp (is this convergence?)

4) When large blocks of white are displayed e.g. Sky Menu on the bottom of the screen, the edge between white and dark is far from vertical - I guess this is a power supply issue

Am I expecting too much? Should I try another Panasonic TV or go for a different brand? I purchased from Dixons on line and they have a 14 day no quibble refund policy so I can take in back to the store if I'm not happy.

Cheers
    Paul