1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panasonic televisions?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by PinkPanther, Jul 3, 2001.

Tags:
  1. PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone ever heard of the TX32PB50, TX36PB50, TX32PL50 or TX36PL50?
    I found these on the Dutch Panasonic site.
    Look here
    These seem to be the new televisions in the TAU range for this summer.
    Anyone got any more information?

2. lewy

lewy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are they not the equivalent of the new PG range here?

3. PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, because if you look further down the page you can see that the PG range is also available. I'm from Belgium, so the different model numbers also gets me confused sometimes.

4. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    It looks as if Panasonic have got on the designer-TV bandwagon

5. sirjohnofbalham

sirjohnofbalham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are the new Panasonic 'designer range' and are supposed to be available in the UK about now. Nothing on the UK site yet though.
    See this months What TV and Video.

6. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As the 36" version is supposed to be out now I was wondering if anyone as seen one.

7. Momo

Momo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that the new range were based upon new 100 Hz circuitry that banished the smears once and for all. I think it was in HCC mag.My Tosh 36 inch went back so I'm keen to take a look at the new 36 ich Pana.Unfortunately though I don't think there will be much change out of two grand.
    Steve

8. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I also seen the same in What TV and Video only in there it said the PG series had this circuitry in them as well. Its called DDM (Dynamic digital motion) and according to HCC which I also read, they reckon its on a par with Sony's DRC. Also in HCC they show a picture of the PG series when talking about this new feature.

By the way I just returned my PG TV for a full refund.

Anymore info on these new TV's would be appreciated.

Neil

9. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok you say its 0n par with DRC(digital reality creation) which is found on sonys designer sets. but does drc really do much? im still not sure of what it actually does and wether it makes the picture WORSE. if the drc set has the best picture you can get with 100hz then i want it, but i havent heard much about it. i heard that drc was where you could have a 50hz mode on it or something which is apparantly really crap (28fq75 tv). others say it increases the resolution to give a sharper image and some say it reduces the lag/smearing of 100hz processing a bit. anyone know?

10. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    The drc circuitry recreates each waveform,picture,effectively putting additional information and increasing resolution both horizontally and vertically. this is only in 50hz mode though, although the 100hz picture still has double the resolution on one axis only . Can't remember all the details, but I'll dig them out if you are still unsure as to the benefits. Drc seems to work well with rear projection tvs which are less prone to visible line structure but you should get in front of their 36in and switch between 50 and 100 hz modes and see if YOU think there's any improvement. DVD looks good though . Panasonic's anwer to drc is due any time, so you might want to wait to see that before you decide ;)