1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panasonic series 8 plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gnikolaidis, Sep 5, 2005.

1. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you visit the German Panasonic site (http://www.panasonic.de ) you would notice the announcement of three new series 8 models, the TH-65PV500E - a 65'' HD ready screen, and the HD compatible models TH-42PE55E and TH-37PE55E, the last two having an integrated digital tuner and HDMI inputs for accepting HD signals.

These two sets are basically the same as the TH-42PA50E and TH-37PA50E with the only difference of adding a digital tuner and an HDMI input. In the previous models you have to use the component input to accept and display an HD signal. Most propably a similar UK version will follow very soon. Has anyone more info on this?

2. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have seen the screen supports the 852 x 480 resolution. There for it's not HD ready but compatible. I think you can compare it to the LG 42PX4RV. Which also is HD compatible

Very strange that Panasonic have chosen for this option. Meanwhile the competitors are all going the HD ready route ;)

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    bluecupra,

as said by gnikolaidis the 65" is hd ready, and the 42" and 37" are fully Hd compatible.

panasonic have the 37"/42"/50" pv500 which is HD ready :confused:

they are simply offering a cheaper HD compatible set as well

4. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there is an misunderstanding

I meant all suppliers are introducing "fully" hd ready screens. The HD compatible standard is something off the "past".

Jeffrey

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    all the pv500's are "fully" HD ready

these new ones are simply more budget friendly, running alongside the hd ready ones.

6. kenji-san

kenji-san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh my god. think of the people who's going to buy the probably super expensive 1366 x 768 65" version, when panasonic's 'real' hd-ready version with 1920*1080p is (more or less) just around the corner! They're gonna feel ripped off for sure. i know i would.