New Panasonic range?

Rockboy uk

Novice Member
I was in Currys yesterday and asked the sales guy if he had any of the Panasonic 37PX70's in stock, as I was looking to buy one. He told me that they had none left and that they wouldn't be getting any more stock of that model or any of the other sizes in the PX range either. He said that range is now discontinued and they are hoping/expecting to get stock of the new range very soon.Was he talking rubbish? If not when can we realistically expect to see the new range, and will there be a new 37" model?

irie

Novice Member
Panasonic are now selling a 37" LCD TX-37LZD70 and AFAIK won't be selling a 37" plasma in the future.

hth

choddo2006

Novice Member
Wouldn't be surprised if they don't do a new one, but I suspect there will be still be px70s shipping for the next while.

[email protected]

Novice Member
I would agree but times move on and I have been expecting Panasonic to introduce a new plasma, and may be an LCD range very soon. Personally, I hope they introduce a 40" plasma or LCD, doesn't matter to me whether it is 1080p or not provided the picture, for my purposes, is great. I have learnt so much from this forum.

I heard may be a 46" matching the common LCD size as well as 42" and 50" but sound a bit unlikely also 3 37" models but not sure if plama or just LCD

jimgee

Novice Member
The much anticipated Panasonic 11th generation (Kuro beating?) panels are due around March/April aren't they?

rssteve

Novice Member
so have they stopped makin the 37". :eek: Its just im building my chimney breast to take one on a house i have recently bought. I think i may have to buy the plasma earlier than expected. :confused:

littlebrooklyn

so have they stopped makin the 37". :eek: Its just im building my chimney breast to take one on a house i have recently bought. I think i may have to buy the plasma earlier than expected. :confused:
Our local Panasonic shop told us that as far as he was aware they won't be making any more 37" Plasmas. Most places seem to be out of stock at the moment, although JL still have them in stock at £699 with the 5yr warranty. I believe Panasonic are expecting new stock in today or so I have been told. You can check on the Panasonic website for stock. When I checked yesterday the 37" was coming up as "temporarily out of stock".

In the couple of months we've been looking for a new TV we've really noticed the smaller Plasma TV's disappearing. I wouldn't want a Philips or Samsung one, however I have noticed they seem to have totally disappeared from all the stores they used to be in. I actually think the 37" is a really good size for your average living room and I'm surprised they are discontinuing so many of them.

Lyn

dbaplaya

Standard Member
Another forum i was reading someone stated that panasonic were bringing a new range out to replace the current px/pz series with lower power consumption and plasma screens that have the brightness of LCD.
Very annoying as i was just about to buy a PZ70 but i guess there will always be something round the corner. Looking on the net its getting harder to find people stocking the 42PX70 now so i guess its on its way to be discontinued.

dbaplaya

Standard Member
just checked on panasonic.jp (the japanese site) and there are no new models listed apart from PZ750SK. The PZ700 & PZ70 are also on there. No PX series are on there. Normally the new models are released on the USA or Jap site first so I wouldnt have thought new models will be hitting the UK until at least the summer.

acerick22

You will hear about the new Panny ranges and Pioneer range at the CES live show which is next Monday to Friday. But yes you will not see these screens hit our stores until about 3months later.

JeffD

From what I remember the releases last year were staggered

March for 42" PX
April for 50" PX
May for 42" PZ
June for 50" PZ

so I would expect a similar pattern for this year.

The announcement of the new Panasonic models is always for the US market first, and this is normally done at the CES Show in Las Vegas which this year is between the 7th-10th Jan. UK models are mostly the same as the US models, normally the only differences are minor changes to the options available in the menus. So by this time next week we should have a good idea of what to expect.

I bought my parents PX60 in February last year when they came down to the great price of £899 including cabinet for the 42". PX70 came out March or April I think so guess release date of 2008 models depends on how many they have left of the old model an how soon they want to introduce their new all singing all dancing sets......

Scotty Boy

I work part time for Tec7 (TV and audio in house of fraser) and we've still got plenty of stock of the 37px70s (@699 with ped!) and 42. I asked our buyer about the current situation on the PZ and he said that we won't be receiving any more of these! But he's heading to a panasonic show on the 20th to check out the new panels!

I tried to tag along but he was having none of it! Very excited about seeing the new panels.

hs77

Novice Member
I wouldn't panic, they'll definately be releasing a 37" plasma next year, it just wont be a full HD one ( that'll be in LCD, like this year).

o27

Novice Member
Well I myself is also about to get a PV70 as the price is very good atm. But think I´ll just wait and see what CES brings.

Anyone rembers what the PV/PX70 cost when they were released last year? In order to estimate the new generations pricing

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom