New panasonic prices now on avland.co.uk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hutchingsp, Mar 8, 2004.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As subject really.. any thoughts/surprises?

regards,
    Paul

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    The '85 seems good value, the '95 less less so - despite its bigger HDD, Firewire (i-link) DV input, PCMCIA PC Card upgrade slot, SD Card Reader for JPEG, TIFF and MPEG4 playback.

But then again, my HS2 accepts firewire so I don't need another DVD recorder with this feature. If I had a digital camera with SD card memory I might have paid the extra, but mine uses the CF I/II format.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    The E85 seems excellent value. Remember AvLand is never the cheapest so we are likely to see the E85 available for sub-£500 within several weeks of it's release. A good cheap option for those wanting a HDD/DVDR combo.

Not a bad machine but little more than an updated E100. A lost opportunity IMHO. In many ways the Sony RX10 looks like it is going to be the top machine this year: freeview tuner (with EPG) and a potentially a massive HDD are going to put this model ahead of the E95 in many ways. The only thing it lacks is a Flexible Record which could have a significant impact in some uses.